1Password for Families not in sync

TimCollins82
TimCollins82
Community Member

Hi. My wife and me are sharing a 1PW for Families subscription. The passwords and the secure notes are not updating on her iPad when I make a change in 1PW. On her iPad, under SETTING it shows "DrTim's Family" with her email under "Your Accounts" and she shows on my account under "People." The total logins also do not match ... she is about 30 out of alignment. Can you help me? -Tim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Sncy in Families

Comments

• @TimCollins82

Based upon your description, it sounds as if you both are signed into the same account. :) Are the logins she is expecting to see, saved inside your Personal/Private vault? They would need to be saved to vault, in which she has access.

• TimCollins82
    TimCollins82
    Community Member

Yes ... she is invited and it shows all fine in 1PW for Families. On her iPad, under ACCOUNTS she is showing VAULTS INCLUDED IN ALL VAULTS as all three: DrTim's Family, Private. and Shared. Her data is the stale data from formerly sncying with iCloud. If I make a slight change to an item, then move it to my SHARED vault then she gets it instantly but it is duplicated with the same item already there. Seems nothing in my PRIVATE is synching.

• TimCollins82
    TimCollins82
    Community Member

I looked on my Account and it doesn't show a way to give her access to my PRIVATE ... but on her iPad it offers that choice.

• TimCollins82
    TimCollins82
    Community Member

I am wondering if I should ERASE All 1PW Data from her iPad ... move all my PRIVATE Vault data over to SHARED Vault ... then log her back in on the iPad and let it reload fresh data. If I do that ... then how do I save all future data to SHARED instead of PRIVATE. Would this work?

• If both of you intend to share all data, you will store all of the information within the shared vault. There would be no need to copy it to her Private vault. In fact, doing so will cause fragmentation, as the data will not be synced back to your Private vault. Instead, any information you intend to share should live inside that shared vault where either of you can update it.

This covers some details about the private and the shared vaults behavior - https://support.1password.com/explore/families/ and here is sharing in general for families - https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/

• TimCollins82
    TimCollins82
    Community Member

OK ... thank you!
    So should I:
    1/ Erase the data on her iPad and log out
    2/ Move my Private vault data in shared vault
    3/ Change my dog back in on her iPad and bring the data in

I am trying to avoid duplication of 1200 items on her iPad/ -Tim

• TimCollins82
    TimCollins82
    Community Member

3/ log her back in is what it meant to say

• Hey @TimCollins82! If your wife still has her standalone vault but does not need any of her data in it (for example, you're going to share the same data with her), you can remove it:
    1. Open 1Password on her iPad.
    2. Tap Settings > Vaults > Primary.
    3. Tap Delete Vault.

If you'd like to migrate the data in the old standalone vault over to her 1Password account, you can move or copy the items before deleting the standalone vault. After that, you can remove the standalone vault following the above steps.

As Tommy mentioned, if you wanted to share any data in your own Private vault with your wife, the easiest way to do this would be to move it to the Shared vault using the instructions I linked above. You won't need to sign out of her 1Password account to do this.

Let me know if that helps or if you have any other questions for us :smile:

This discussion has been closed.