Does every member of a family get its own secret key or is this shared within the family?

suneberg
suneberg
Community Member

My son has accepted my invitation and I have confirmed him.
When he tries to login the secret key is needed.
Do I have to give him my secret key or does he get his own? And if so, how?
Thanks
Olivier

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:secret key family

Comments

• Hi @suneberg

Each family member gets their own unique Secret Key as part of the signup / invitation acceptance process. :) If he has already accepted your invitation to join the family and created an account (e.g. picked a Master Password) then he has also been given his unique Secret Key.

Ben

• suneberg
    suneberg
    Community Member

Thanks a lot. Can the setup process only be done on a computer? Or can the secret key also be generated on a mobile device?

• You're welcome. It is possible to sign up either on a computer or a mobile device.

Ben

• Smurfie93
    Smurfie93
    Community Member

my husband accepted his invitation and I confirmed him but I cant find a secret key anywhere for him. Where do we find it?

• @Smurfie93

His key is for his account, and you would not have access to it from your account. He would need to login and print it out from within his account. You can also print it if he has added his account to a device. https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

• Smurfie93
    Smurfie93
    Community Member

Well I was trying to access it for him from his account since I'm setting it up for him but I read through more comments and found out I had to do a recovery as we never got the original emergency kit to be able to even sign in. Thanks for the reply.

• Thanks for the clarification, it wasn't clear to me when responding to you. But no matter, what matters is your up and going now. :)

This discussion has been closed.