Blank icons and search is not working in 1Password 7.4.750

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for Windows version 7.4.750 issues.

Comments

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member

I'm having issues as well on Windows with 7.4.750. After it updated, my search doesn't work and all of my icons are blank. Everything in 1Password X and iOS looks fine. I reset all data on Windows and still the same.

• Hi @aknewhope,

Thanks for reporting this. I've split your post into its own thread as it sounds like it is a separate issue.

After it updated, my search doesn't work and all of my icons are blank.

When you said icons are blank, do you mean the icons for your items are showing white box or the default lock icon?

Also, can you exit 1Password and then restart 1Password, unlock and wait about a minute, does icons come back in?

my search doesn't work

Can you clarify what you see when you search; you enter something in the main 1Password interface's item list search and nothing is filtered, it remains the same?

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member

When you said icons are blank, do you mean the icons for your items are showing white box or the default lock icon? Yes. They are still default after restarting.

Can you clarify what you see when you search; you enter something in the main 1Password interface's item list search and nothing is filtered, it remains the same? When I type in the search box, all entries in the list disappear.

• @aknewhope,

Yes. They are still default after restarting.

1. Open 1Password, go to the 1Password menu > Settings.
    2. Turn off Rich Icons
    3. Go to Help Menu > Tools > Optimize database
    4. Now, turn Rich Icons back on

Wait about several minutes, it will take some time to redownload them.

When I type in the search box, all entries in the list disappear.

Hmm, I can't reproduce this at all. Do you see this in 1Password mini too?

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member

Open 1Password, go to the 1Password menu > Settings.
    Turn off Rich Icons
    Go to Help Menu > Tools > Optimize database
    Now, turn Rich Icons back on
    Wait about several minutes, it will take some time to re-download them.

Done, and no icons have downloaded.

Hmm, I can't reproduce this at all. Do you see this in 1Password mini too?

Yes. 1Password X works fine as well as iOS.

By the way, when I click on a URL it opens my browser to a blank tab but doesn't even load the page.

I uninstalled 1Password for Windows and reinstalled but still the same.

See screenshots of search behavior.

• @aknewhope, it looks like something is interfering with 1Password processes where it needs to build a search index inside your local database and also to download rich icons. We do them in separate processes in the background but if they're blocked, you won't see any rich icons and the search has no data to work against.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member

Sent

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member

It appears nothing is really working in the Windows app. Can't save edits, can't empty trash. When I go to accounts>sign out nothing happens. Just wanted to let you know.

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member

When I save a new login, the name is stripped but the username gets saved. I can see the newly created login on my phone.

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

When I save a new login, the name is stripped but the username gets saved. I can see the newly created login on my phone.

Correction: the name is in the login, but appears blank in the list on Windows.

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member

It appears nothing is really working in the Windows app. Can't save edits, can't empty trash. When I go to accounts>sign out nothing happens. Just wanted to let you know.

Correction: The edits appear to be saved, but don't appear in the Windows app unless I click edit. When edit is clicked, I can see the changes I made previously. When I click save, I see the old name of the login. On iOS and 1Password X I can see the edits I have made.

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member

Everything is working now.

• Reset Data
    • Uninstall 1Password
    • Restart Windows
    • Install 1Password
    • Sign-in to account
  • Hi @aknewhope,

I was waiting for your email, it hasn't come in yet. I can't find any emails using your forum's profile. Can you tell me if you got a response from our BitBot and if yes, what support ID it gave you, so I can look at your report to see what happen.

I'm glad you have it up and running but we do apologize you had to do that in the first place.

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Hi @MikeT

I sent it at 9:45 AM. I used my outlook.com email address to send it (****) and didn't receive an automated response. If you can't find it I can try sending with a different account.

Oh no problem. It's really one of the first issues I've had over the past 8 years or so. :)

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member

@MikeT

I sent it again with a subject. Maybe your system doesn't like an empty subject.

• Hi @aknewhope,

I've quickly edited your post to remove your private information since this is a public forum.

I just got your second attempt just now! Let me reply there.

ref: RBU-26771-716

• frankoc
    frankoc
    Community Member

I'm experiencing the exact same issue @aknewhope is describing. I'm also experiencing in the Windows app, appears fine on iOS.

Let me know how best to proceed, thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@frankoc:

Please follow the instructions posted by my colleague Mike earlier in this thread, and we will be happy to help you as well.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

I'm still having an issue when I search by typing in the item column in 1Password for Windows. Previously (pre 7.4.750) I was able find an entry by just typing in the item area and the relevant entry would be highlighted but now I just get a red border around the item list window.

• Hi @mookien,

Thanks, I was able to reproduce the red border glitch. We're looking into it right now.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

Great! Thanks, @MikeT

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

Hi @mookien,

We've fixed the issue with that search to type within the item list, it's what the red border meant, it couldn't search to type. It will be available in the next beta update.

I'll follow up as soon as we have it available for you to try.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

Thanks again @MikeT. Should I switch on "Include beta builds" in 1Password for Windows in order to receive beta updates?

• @mookien, yes please, It'd be really helpful if you do that.

We are shipping beta updates as we continue to fix reported fixes. We've just shipped 7.4.752 Beta 2 an hour ago with a bunch of improvement and bug fixes you can review here. We're working on beta 3 that includes your fix and hope to ship it later today or tomorrow depending on how well our testings goes.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

Nice! Already see improvements under beta 7.4.752.

• That's great to hear. It's all thanks to our customers like you who are reporting the issues and working with us.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

:)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

Hi @mookien,

Check for an update, we fixed the item list search in 1Password 7.4.753.

We're still investigating the other issue with the search box not returning any results for some folks. We're trying everything we can think of but we can't reproduce it just yet.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

It works! Thanks again, @MikeT. Is there a way that the typed search result can be highlighted and positioned at the top of the column? Currently, the searched for entry is highlighted at the bottom of the column. I actually missed it the first time since that's where I get a notification that 1P has been updated. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.