1Password for Windows version 7.4.750 issues

Having issues with 1Password for Windows version 7.4.750. So far, there are two issues. 1) Cannot open a webpage from an entry in 1P. For example, I get a blank page when I double click on the entry in 1P. It used to open the website in a new tab without issue. Have not changed any settings for this to behave differently. 2) Search is not working properly. Does not navigate to the relevant entry when I start typing in the entries column. Chrome extension seems to be working fine. Windows 10 Home ver 1903 and 1909 (different PCs have the same issue). Google Chrome default browser. Changing default browser did not resolve the issue. Seems to be an issue based on the recent March 6, 2020 update (7.4.750). Did other diagnostic checks and reboot my PC. No change. Log is throwing a couple of errors but not sure anything related to the above errors.

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020

@mookien

Cannot open a webpage from an entry in 1P. For example, I get a blank page when I double click on the entry in 1P.

When you double-click on an item, and then when a web browser opens, is the 1Password companion extension installed in that web browser? If not, then you might want to install that. Thanks!

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

Yes, 1P browser extension installed on all browsers.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

I can no longer double click on an entry and open a URL in a new browser tab as with previous versions. I now get a blank webpage in a completely new browser window (not new tab as I have it set). The Open and fill feature in the website field also has the same behavior. Any way to fix this?

1Password Version: 7.4.750
    Extension Version: 1.18.0
    OS Version: Windows 10 Home 1909
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

Hi @mookien,

Thanks for reporting this.

In your post, you wrote Extension Version: 1.18.0.

This is the 1Password X, it is a separate product from 1Password for Windows.

1Password for Windows does not work with 1Password X for open and fill. We have changed to a newer Open and Fill implementation but it requires the use of 1Password app companion extension to make it fill. You have to open 1Password X to open and fill sites in there.

• Hi @mookien,

Just for your information, I've merged your threads into one. Please do not try to create a separate thread if not needed. We can split your posts if need be.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

@MikeT I know that 1PX and 1P for Windows are different products. I use both on my devices and they both have their strong points. My issue is with 1Password for Windows and the ability to open a URL (from 1P for Windows) by double clicking on the entry in 1P for Windows. To clarify, is no longer possible? My company uses 1Password for Windows extensively to open websites and it would be a major loss of functionality if we no longer had the ability to do this. I have no issue with fill functionality on 1PX. My current issue is with opening web pages with 1P for Windows. When I double click an entry in 1P for Windows, it simply opens a new browser session with a blank page. I'm hoping that the original functionality (double clicking in 1P for Windows opens the assigned web page) can be restored. Please advise. Thanks.

• Hi @mookien,

What happens if you press the shift key when you double-click the Login item in 1Password?

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

@MikeT That works! Any way to modify so that I don't have to press the shift key when double clicking the login item in 1Password?

• Hi @mookien,

I'm talking to our team about this, this may be a bug. Please give us a few days to see what's going on.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

@MikeT Sounds good. Many thanks for looking into this.

• Thanks and thanks again for reporting this with great patience.

This discussion has been closed.