Rarely use 1P Windows Application

As one who almost exclusively uses 1P X (and so admittedly I have not much experience with the Windows application) why should I be "excited" about the just released 7.4.750? I know there are release notes but again as one who doesnt use installed 7.3.654 (or even mini) I am not really sure which of the NEW or IMPROVEMENTS that a 1PX user would appreciate.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jmjm,

Thanks for writing in.

Everyone will have their own preferences as to why they like 1Password X over the more powerful desktop app such as it is more simpler to use and vis versa. If you're happy with 1Password X, then great, you're not forced to use the regular desktop app. Note that we do bring to bring integration between both that'll make them even better together.

For me, I use 1Password desktop app because of deeper OS integration; such as Windows Hello unlocking, drag and drop between third party apps instead of copy/pasting, clipboard clearing, switching between browsers without unlocking 1Password X individually, consistent unlocking experience since I don't have to unlock 1Password every time I close the last tab in the browser.

Working with storing my attachments in 1Password, like storing my tax/business files inside 1Password while I work on my tax returns, and many more.

This discussion has been closed.