says i have an account will not let me create a new one for windows 10, other computer is windows 7

Options

I have and account on a windows 7 pc which is currently working fine - purchased it 4 years ago is apparently not compatable with windows 10.
trying to purchase latest version for individual. continually tells me an account already exists with my e-mail address. have tried to login using my current login and now does not recognise my login information (says the email & password do not match)? Really like your product but am really frustrated not being to purchase a new one without changing my name, email address, etc. got any ideas!!!???
Is it possible to talk to a real person for this product?

1Password Version: Setup 6.7.457
Extension Version: never been updated
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: Personal PC
Referrer: forum-search:says i have an account will not let me create a new one for windows 10

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @LarryRockwell

I'm Ben, a real person, and I'd be happy to help get you pointed in the right direction. If you look in 1Password on your Windows 7 PC do you see a Login item for 1Password.com? If so, does the Master Password saved on that item work for logging in at https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new ?

Please let me know.

Ben

• LarryRockwell
    LarryRockwell
    Community Member
    Options

Ben: THANX
    -yes my login works to log me into that URL( 1Password )from my windows 7 pc. 1Password is (appears to be) working correctly on my windows 7 pc. I had 1Password on that PC for over 3 years and never had a problem.
    I am also able to logon to the same url from my windows 10 pc and it looks like my passwords and everything are there. at this point it looks like 1password is on my windows 10 pc. I do not have google chrome on the windows 10 pc do i need to add chrome or will it run attach itself to microsoft edge?

• Have you installed the desktop app on your Windows 10 PC yest, @LarryRockwell? It sounds like you were attempting to open a new 1Password account when you do already have one (hence being able to sign in using the link Ben shared), so you shouldn't need to worry about signing up or purchasing anything. Instead, you'll need to get your app set up:

https://support.1password.com/get-the-apps/

On the topic of Microsoft Edge, though, if you generally use Chrome, I'd stick with it. Microsoft Edge is going through a bit of a transition right now where the browser most folks use today is going to be replaced with Microsoft's new version of Edge in the coming months. If you've been using another browser, it'll likely be simplest to stick with it. If you want to use Microsoft Edge, though, grab the new one instead:

https://www.microsoft.com/edge

That way, you'll be able to seamlessly continue using it with 1Password as Microsoft transitions everyone over. :+1:

• LarryRockwell
    LarryRockwell
    Community Member
    Options

Thanx - Both of you! It seems to be working. Still need to work with it so that i can figure out how to get it to work more easily. Having a problem getting the choices to come up correctly. ?Currently comes up with my name have to juggle around to actually get the input i want - they all seem to be in the "personal" vault that does not appear when i click the button?? i'll work on it to see what i can do. Thanx again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LarryRockwell:

Having a problem getting the choices to come up correctly. ?Currently comes up with my name have to juggle around to actually get the input i want

Can you maybe post a screenshot of what you are seeing? We would love to help you with this, but we need some more details to understand exactly where you are experiencing this.

This discussion has been closed.