1Password is unable to type in Firefox Sync login

Hi!

Looks like Firefox prevents Plugins to type in the sync login page (https://accounts.firefox.com/signin?service=sync&action=email&context=fx_desktop_v3&entrypoint=multi-account-containers&utm_source=addon&utm_medium=panel&utm_campaign=container-sync)
I'm not sure since when but definitely since the login re-design.

As a workaround it is possible to use the type-in-window feature or the new drag-to-type feature :+1:
So my question is, could this even be fixed, if it is a bug?
1P definitely tries to type in the box (or somewhere else on the page), as I'm seeing this in the debug log:
20384 5170.336 INFO opw_app::api:707 > FillKey is used to fill in firefox browser.

Thank's!
~lumarel

P.S.:
As I'm using an standalone key I'm using the "normal" 1Password extension
currently used Firefox Version: 73.0.1 (but exists in all modern Firefox versions with this login page)

1Password Version: 7.4.751
Extension Version: 4.7.6.1
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 18363.657
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lumarel!

Are you able to fill your login information if you use the 1Password keyboard shortcut on that page?

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Hi @ag_ana ,

No, unfortunately not, this log line is actually from the shortcut, because this is faster to trigger :unamused:
    In all cases I tested (I think up to now I should know all possible ways) the mentioned ones were the only ones possible.

By the way this also works on the textbox for "Change Password" on the management page, which makes sense as this is the same subdomain:
    https://accounts.firefox.com/settings/change_password?service=sync&context=fx_desktop_v3&entrypoint=fxa_discoverability_native&uid=censored&email=censored

One more Update:
    Also not possible on macOS (tested with macOS 10.15.4 Beta, Firefox Nightly 75.0a1, newest Beta of 1P and the Extension) :+1:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lumarel ,

Firefox prevents autofilling attempts on their login page intentionally. There's not much we can do about it on our side. If you test their login page on Chrome, you'll see that it does autofill well. They have their reasons, so your best bet is to present your case in their support forum and hope for the best :)

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

Okay thank you for the info @Yaron
    I wasn't really expecting anything else, but I think it's better to ask than just assume it's like that :chuffed:

I will give it a try there :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lumarel:

You always do the right thing when you ask :+1: And on behalf of Yaron, you are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.