Changed master password, windows desktop app will not accept it but website and firefox plugin will

I recently changed my master password to something more memorable to use for myself as I was having issues with my previous one. Now, I can use that new master password to log in on my iOS app, firefox plugin, and even the website.

BUT

The windows app is not accepting it and saying it's incorrect.

Can someone please help?

1Password Version: 7.4.450
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10, latest update
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @TheRevTastic,

Thanks for writing in.

Did you unlock first with the old master password? In order for the 1Password for Windows to know you've changed your password, it needs to do a sync first and it can't do that while locked.

After you unlock, you should get a prompt that your credentials don't match and you can click it to enter the new master password, 1Password will then update itself to use the new master password.

• TheRevTastic
    TheRevTastic
    Community Member

@MikeT

Okay so issue with that is I haven't synced it and don't remember what the old master password was.... Do I need to reset the 1password desktop app completely?

• Hi @TheRevTastic,

If you don't recall the password, then yes, you'd have to reset. Open 1Password and go to the Help menu > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data.

This discussion has been closed.