1Password don't like Ashampoo UnInstaller 9

Every time I use Ashampoo UnInstaller 9 to install or to uninstall a program, 1Password stops working. I get a messagebox that says "1Password for Windows desktop has stopped working". And the only button is to close the program. But that don't work. The program do not close and the errormessage is popping up again. The only way to get rid of this is to restart the PC.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @olwa,

Thanks for reporting this.

That's very odd. There's no interface between 1Password and that program. That implies Ashampoo is doing something on a lower system level that 1Password or .NET is overreacting to.

Can you first update 1Password, we released 1Password 7.4 on Friday and see if it works better?

• olwa
    olwa
    Community Member

Thank you for responding.
    I have now installed 7.4 (it was not easy to do it. It should be an upgrade button/menu choice inside 1Password).
    I have tried to both install and uninstall a program using Ashampoo UnInstaller 9. Now 1Password still works as normal. Thank you!

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

Hi @olwa,

I'm glad it helped and you're welcome.

When you open 1Password menu, it should be checking for an update automatically if it hasn't done so already. Once an update is available, you'd see this:

This discussion has been closed.