7.4.750 update today

I noticed that my 1password seemed to auto update today and immediately i began to see crashes. I've uninstalled, rebooted and attempted to install the latest 7.4.750 and the app crashes:

"The exception unknown software exception (0xe6d7363) occurred in the application at location 0x0000000007703DB2."

I can't seem to get it installed now. Is there a way to go back to a previous version that was obviously working previous to the auto-upgrade?

Thanks
Skip

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Hi @Skipdog,

Thanks for reporting this.

Do you have any anti-malware solution installed? If you can temporarily disable the solution and try again, it may install.

Also, can you check for Windows and optional updates, sometime pending Windows updates can cause this.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020

@Skipdog I am sorry you are having this problem. Here are a few things you can try, preferably in this order:

1. Open Windows Update, then have it download and install the latest updates for you system.
    2. Download and install .NET framework 4.8
    3. Temporary disable your anti-virus, or - if you are running Malwarebytes - whitelist the 1Password directory.
    4. Reboot your PC in safe mode with networking, then download and install our latest version here.

Please let us know how it worked out. Thanks!

• Skipdog
    Skipdog
    Community Member

It appears the issue on our side is due to BeyondTrust Powerbroker. We most likely have a rule elevating permission of the app and the rule is probably malfunctioning with the latest version. I was able to stop the service and 1pass works fine. Thanks for the replies and assistance.

• Hi @Skipdog,

Big thanks for letting us know. Is it possible to find out the name of BeyondTrust process/service running in your Task Manager, so we can keep an eye out on it for future cases?

• Skipdog
    Skipdog
    Community Member

Yes the one you would be looking for would be "btservice.exe"

it appears that it was interfering with the proper installation. I've restarted the services and 1Pass seems to be working fine.

• Thank you, we'll try to add that to our list to monitors for the future.

I'm glad you got it up and running. You probably should check to make sure you can whitelist 1Password's code signature or the folder to prevent it from happening again on the next update.

• Skipdog
    Skipdog
    Community Member

Yep - we are checking our 1Password rule and will update it with your code signature. I'm betting it changed recently? We've been happily chugging along with the auto upgrades.

• Hi @skipdog,

No, we haven't changed it.

This discussion has been closed.