Requesting attachment support for stand alone ver

gromit95
gromit95
Community Member

i use my iphone and ipad more than my desktop
it would be more convenient to be able to add it in ios since t took the pic with my phone or ipad
instead i need to send the photo to my desktop to attach it to 1p file
thanks fred

1Password Version: 7.44
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios13
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Hi @gromit95

We don't have plans to bring the ability to add attachments to standalone vaults to our mobile offerings, however it is possible to add Documents to 1Password membership vaults from the mobile apps. If you'd like that functionality you'd need to upgrade to a membership. Please consider reaching out to our team at support@1password.com for further details and to discuss your specific situation. Thanks!

Ben

• MacAdvisor
    MacAdvisor
    Community Member

I too would LOVE attachment support on stand-alone vaults. Seems your hosted membership vaults changes attachments into seperate but linked documents (which easily break). This is a nightmare for my 3000+ items...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MacAdvisor:

Thank you for your feedback! Can you please let us know how Documents easily break for you? We would love to help you get that sorted out if we can.

• MacAdvisor
    MacAdvisor
    Community Member

Happy to....

Seems I’m an oddity — actually using many features in your app — Secure Notes, Software, Credit cards, ID, etc… and most have attached documents, images, pdfs, etc. Since these attachments are separated from the original item when moving my Primary vault to your 1Password hosted service — that makes my Personal vault over 4000 items.

Then (as I'm sure almost everyone does) try to sync Personal vault with your desktop, portable, ipad, and iphone... You get duplicates -- lot's of them... (Yes, I know, under Tools I can delete them). But that does not really work… anything with attachments is left (about half of my ~3400 items). — I also had many, many odd former attachments in my Personal vault which are now seperate documents (worst of all --- while they all had meaningful titles as attachments -- when they were converted to documents by your cloud service -- they were also cryptically renamed -- now worse then meaningless). Delete any of the original vault items and half the document (formerly known as attachments) aliases to original vault items are broken (at random). Meaning: for a credit card I attached a front image and rear image.... by using your Remove Duplicate feature under Tools -- it gets rid of some (but not all duplicated items, and some but not all duplicated documents) -- trouble is: of the items left, one may have the alias link to the front image, and a broken rear image. Another item may have the rear image but no front image linked. There seems no easy way to merge duplicates nor re-link documents...

For a database that keeps mission critical passwords, important documents, and imperative attachments safe and useable --- this is an abomination. Though a long time advocate, supporter, and fan... I have lost confidence in your app, become frustrated with your "improvements", and disgusted with having to now subscribe to a service that is years behind what you offered in versions 4, 5, and 6 of the stand-alone apps... and I haven't even mentioned you intentionally breaking Safari 13 support with extensions and older versions... and now attachment support for your v7 stand-alone... thanks, SO much!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MacAdvisor:

Then (as I'm sure almost everyone does) try to sync Personal vault with your desktop, portable, ipad, and iphone... You get duplicates -- lot's of them..

Sync does not cause duplicates, unless you have multiple vaults with the same items. How many vaults do you have inside your 1Password apps?

This discussion has been closed.