1Password autofill inconsistent / not working from either the app or 1P mini

2»

Comments

• YaronYaron

Team Member

Yep, that is definitely a solid suggestion @Ashiado .
    Thank you!

• YaronYaron

Team Member
    edited December 2019

@ibrennan I think you might have misread what he wrote in step 1 - he said:

Uninstall 1Password X and then reinstall the regular extension...

His suggestion is all about the regular extension :)

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@ibrennan

I've replied to your message in the other thread you posted about this in: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/539239/#Comment_539239
    To avoid creating a duplication of efforts please pick one thread about this issue and stick with it. I understand the frustration this issues causes, but posting about the same problem in multiple support threads is not going to help get it resolved, and may delay answers to other folks waiting for help. Thanks for your consideration. :)

Ben

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

I see that you have been replying in multiple places, hence Ben's message. Let's keep everything in one discussion if possible :+1:

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

:+1::)

• Hi @Yaron -

A quick follow-up on our earlier discussion about the workaround for this 1P bug (see my post from Nov 28, 2019). I just noticed something that (maybe) might help your development team.

As previously mentioned, if I have a Firefox window open before I try to launch a site login from the 1P app or 1P mini, then 1P works just as it should: my login credentials get entered and all is fine. But if I do not have a Firefox window open, then I end up in this loop of things not working and login credentials not getting filled in. This is the case on all of 6 Macs in our family - not just individual computers. So the work around I have had so far is simply to open a window in Firefox (any window) before I try to use 1P.

However what I noticed earlier today is that if the window I have open is either the Firefox Add-Ons window (about:addons) or the Firefox Preferences window (about:preferences), then this workaround does not work -- maybe because they are not "real" website addresses, not sure. Anyway I thought that was interesting and thought the 1P dev team might want to hear about it.

Any ETA on the bug fix ? Happy new year!

• YaronYaron

Team Member

Hey @Ashaido,
    Thanks for the additional info! It does make sense because these settings pages are not considered as an active browser window/tab. Nice call though.

The holidays slowed things down a bit but the deves do have some internal fix they are testing, hopefully it will be released soon and will make things better.
    Keep your apps up to date :)

• Happy to find this thread! :) I've been seeing this issue for a long while, including the current version 7.4.3. @Yaron, do you know if the fix has been released?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member
    edited March 9

@skyblue:

Please make sure you update to the latest beta of the Chrome extension too if you are still seeing this issue, our developers have published a fix there: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-beta-desktop-ap/phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha
    ;)

• @ag_ana
    Unfortunately this issue is not limited to Chrome. It was — and still is — an issue with Firefox Mac. I've reported on this previously and have submitted extensive descriptions, diagnostic reports, screen grab videos, etc. to document this (communications with @Yaron). I was (and still am) running the most recent versions of Mac OS, Firefox, 1P app and 1P browser extensions. The issue remains unresolved on my end. I administer 3 Macs in my own household and another 5 Macs for family members — all running 1P and all with the exact same issue/bug as already described in my posts from October and November 2019. The "workaround" that I detailed in a post in December 2019 still works — i.e., making sure another Firefox window is open before trying to open any 1P logins. This workaround does help, but still, it really is not a fix as such. It really would be great if 1P would address this bug — and again, it definitely is not limited to Chrome, which I do not use and do not have installed on my computer... Thanks for your follow-up and thanks for working to support a (in most respects) really fantastic product.

• YaronYaron

Team Member
    edited March 9

Hey @Ashiado ,
    The issue that occurs when no browser windows are open looks identical, but it is a different issue and the developers are working on it separately. That issue indeed affects both Chrome and Firefox, and the workaround is to have an open browser window before trying to "Open and Fill" from the desktop app.

The autofilling issue where trying to autofill from within the browser is one that affects Chrome only and was resolved with the beta extension.
    Thanks again for all your help on the matter!

• Hi @Yaron, Thanks for the update and follow-up :):)

• YaronYaron

Team Member

Don't mention it :chuffed::+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file