Why doesn't Touch ID work with the Firefox extension on my Macbook Air?

NearlyThere
NearlyThere
Community Member

Touch-ID works in the extension for Chrome and Safari, but my main browser is Firefox and I have to input the master password into the extension to open it. Is Touch-ID not wupported in the Firefox extension? If it is not, when will it be supported?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: OSX 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password for Families
Referrer: forum-search:firefox extension

Comments

• @NearlyThere

You indicated you were using Extension version 1.18.0, is that with Firefox?

• NearlyThere
    NearlyThere
    Community Member

Yes indeed. That's what it says in the extensions pages in Firefox under 1Password X - Password Manager

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@NearlyThere:

Thank you for the confirmation. To unlock the 1Password browser extension with Touch ID, you need either the companion browser extension, or 1Password X Beta. From what you wrote, I think you are using the companion browser extension in Safari and Chrome, but you are using 1Password X in Firefox.

Please try downloading the companion browser extension for Firefox too and see if that works as you expect.

• NearlyThere
    NearlyThere
    Community Member

I have (re)installed the Firefox Browser enxtension from your link.

In the info in the Add-on pages of Firefox it states I now have version 4.7.5.90 of the extension released on 7th March. But in the settings of the extension itself it states I have 1 Password X version 1.18.0.

However, it still does not give me the option to unlock the browser extension by Touch ID. I still, either click on the iPassword icon in the top RHC of the browser, or use the shortcut and then have to input the master password. No option to use Touch ID or Touch ID symbol visible as there is with Chrome and Safari.

If Touch ID is not available for Firefox then do let me know, and I will accept that.

I have 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002) of the desktop app which I can unlock with Touch ID.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@NearlyThere:

Please disable 1Password X in your browser after installing the companion browser extension. I think you might still have both installed in your browser.

• NearlyThere
    NearlyThere
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

That has worked. I can now unlock the browser (companion) extension with Touch ID.

Thank you for sorting out my error. I didn't realise there were two different browser extensions. That's a little bit confusing TBH.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@NearlyThere, you are very welcome! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.