Opening and Filling Problems with 7.4.750, W10, MS Edge

Hello: 1Password with W10 and MS Edge has been working fine for me, up until today. Now all of a sudden things don't seem to work well at all. I'm guessing that these issues are the result of a recent auto-upgrade to 7.4.750 which was released 2 days ago?:

1. I used to be able to Open and Fill just by clicking on the website URL from inside the 1Password app. This no longer works. Nor does trying to use the Open and Fill choice from the little drop-down menu that one gets by clicking on the Open and Fill "button".
  2. I read in one of the recent posts here that Opening and Filling work better if one uses the Shift key when trying to Open and Fill. This seems to be true -- at least the website seems to open. But there is no subsequent Filling of any login info.
  3. When an Opened website prompts for login+pw and I right click to display the drop-down menu that has "1Password" as a choice, selecting "1Password" doesn't result in anything happening. That is, there is no presentation of any possible logins for this site, even though the 1Password app has such a login available.

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: MS Edge 44.18362.449.0
OS Version: W10 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tangerine,

It sounds like you are running a legacy version of Microsoft Edge that is no longer supported in 1Password 7.4.750 for Windows. We recommend installing the new version of Edge, as explained in this article on our website:

If you can’t use 1Password in Microsoft Edge Legacy

Let us know how it works for you. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Tangerine
    Tangerine
    Community Member

OK, that looks to be the issue. I can use 1Password(X) again, although somewhat differently than before which is not a problem. Sorry, I hadn't seen that article. Thanks!

Should I now uninstall the 1Password desktop app I was previously using, or just leave well enough alone? :-)

• Hi @Tangerine,

Don't apologize, this is a new update and new article. We're working on making it more obvious.

Should I now uninstall the 1Password desktop app I was previously using, or just leave well enough alone?

It is up to you, both don't interact with each other for the moment. We do plan to integrate both in the future, so you could use Windows Hello and more consistent locking experience.

This discussion has been closed.