Issue with 7.4.750 and swapped mouse buttons

I just got the new 7.4.750 installed and immediately ran into some issues when you have swapped mouse buttons.

• When I click on the extension in Firefox it brings up both 1Password mini and Windows right-click menu.
  • Same thing happens if I use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Alt + , in my case) to bring up 1Password mini.
  • If I try the new drag-and-fill feature it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it fills a value in the field but it's never the correct one, other times it brings up Windows right-click menu when i drop the value into the field, it all depends on which app I'm trying to fill the credentials in.

Swapping the mouse buttons back to default settings fixes all the above issues and I've confirmed this by testing on another PC.

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1903 (18362.657)
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

Hi @Backspaze,

Thanks for reporting this.

Okay, that is odd. We don't generally hardcode to left/right, only primary/secondary. It is up to Windows to handle the rest for us.

I'll look into this, can you confirm if this is all I have to do to reproduce, change the primary button to the right instead of left in Windows' mouse settings?

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member

Yes, I have a script for the button swap, but I've swapped manually with the setting in your screenshot as well and the issue is the same.

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

Okay, that was very disorienting for a few minutes but I can reproduce it. I did also test 7.3 and confirmed it is a regression as it works fine there.

I'll file a bug report and see if we can fix it quickly.

ref: dev/windows/opw#4543

• @Backspaze thanks for reporting of this issue, fix is coming with next update.

• @Backspaze, if you can, can you try switching to the beta channel for updates and let us know if it works for you now? We just published 7.4.752 Beta 2 now with the fix for your issue.

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member

I've tried the beta and it all works great now. Thanks for the speedy fix!

• Awesome, thank you.

We'd love it if you can keep using betas and providing feedback to us if possible.

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member

I've been part of quite a lot of beta tests for different services through the years, some good, some bad - mostly the latter - which have made me stick to stable release channels almost exclusively nowadays.

However, the 1Password beta seems stable and opting in/out of beta is as easy as flicking the switch, so I'll stay on the beta channel for now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @Backspaze! We appreciate your help :)

This discussion has been closed.