Unable to get 1P to appear in the first log in for Tangerine (bank)

Options

I see in the Release Notes for 1.18 that 1Password now appears in the PIN field on tangerine.ca #666. But for me I cannot get 1P to appear in the initial log in box found here https://www.tangerine.ca/app/#/

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18 X
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmjm:

I cannot get 1P to appear in the initial log in box

Do you mean the very first field in the login process, even before the PIN?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

Correct @ag_ana. It seems from your screenshot that you experience similarly i.e. I dont see the 1P icon.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmjm:

Indeed, it does however work for me if I click on the 1Password X button in the browser (the login item is filled correctly even if the 1Password icons does not show up directly in the login field). Can you please give that a try and see if that works for you too?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

As always thanks for the reply @ag_ana. I hadnt yet established the log in 1P. That was what I was going to do.

• Hey @jmjm — Thanks for clarifying. I apologize for the obstruction to your workflow. I tested and was also able to confirm that the inline components aren't available on the username page of the Tangerine site. This is something that we've found affecting a couple other sites and we're working on a fix for.

In the meantime, I'm curious if you're able to save a login from the suggestions directly below the field (inline menu) on the PIN page. Here are the steps that might work:

1. Navigate to https://www.tangerine.ca/app/#/.
    2. Populate the username field.
    3. Click Log Me In to navigate to the PIN page.
    4. Populate the PIN field.

Does the 1Password suggestion list (inline menu) show up in that field? If so, can you choose the Save in 1Password option? Does it save your username as well as your PIN? If not, you can go into the pop-up by clicking the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar (or using the keyboard shortcut to invoke it: ctrl+shift+x), then go to the Login item and choose "edit" to add your username to it.

I've filed an issue to report this undesirable behavior to our 1Password X developers, but I hope the steps above work in the meantime. :)

ref:dev/core/core#1126

This discussion has been closed.