1password chrome extension looks different than Firefox

Options

I have been using 1Password for years and love it. I have the team membership. My wife and I have it on our Macs, using Firefox, and on our iPhones. I'm finally adding my two partners at work as team members. They both have Windows 10 and use Chrome. Why does the Chrome extension look so different than the Firefox extension? It doesn't seem to be nearly as easy to use and I can't see how to have it default to all of the vaults that my partners have access to. They have to individually select which vault they want to look at. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: ICloud I think
Referrer: forum-search:1password chrome extension looks different than Firefox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tonyl4,

Thanks for writing in.

There are two separate 1Password browser extensions, 1Password X and 1Password app companion browser extensions.

Is it possible you installed one of the other in two different browsers? They both look the same in any browsers but you may have installed 1Password X in Firefox and the app companion extension in Chrome.

If you look at your browser's extension settings, you'd see which one you have installed. Once you find out which one you like using the most, disable the other extension in the other browser and install the one you want.

• tonyl4
    tonyl4
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike. I'll take a look.

• MikeT
    Options

No problem, we'll be here to assist if you need it.

This discussion has been closed.