Messy documents list

Options
jonpurdy
jonpurdy
Community Member

Just upgraded last month from 6 standalone to 7 membership but I've noticed a major issue. When I search for something, the results are polluted with a bunch of jpegs that were attached to entries. In version 6, these items didn't show up in the search list since they're attached to items (generally they are photos of the actual documents, so for my SSN entry I'd have attached photos of the physical SSN card).

The other issue is that my entry list is filled with files with generic names and I need to click and download to view what they actually are. I also didn't know where they came from:

It took a few minutes to find that these files were attached to a specific entry:

How do I revert to the version 6 behaviour and not show attached files in the search results or as separate entries?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jonpurdy

How do I revert to the version 6 behaviour and not show attached files in the search results or as separate entries?

That behavior no longer exists in 1Password. Document items are now treated as first class citizens, in addition to the ability to link them to other items. My suggestion to help alleviate any difficulty caused by this would be to add titles to these items, e.g. "SSN scan" (instead of "Photo Mar 5[...]"). I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.