Saving Multiple Documents in 1Password Mac

dfuentes
dfuentes
Community Member

I'm trying to upload documents to 1Password (macOS) and I came across the following KBA which explains how I can upload a document.

My issue is that I'm trying to upload multiple (2-3) documents to the same 1Password Vault item but have been unsuccessful in finding a way to do so.

Can anyone help me upload multiple documents/files to one vault item in 1Password?

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Documents

Comments

• Hi @dfuentes

Could you please walk us through the steps you're following, and where things are breaking down?

Ben

• dfuentes
    dfuentes
    Community Member

Hey @Ben,

Thanks for your response!
    The instructions I'm following are those listed in the KBA here:

1. I navigate to File > New Item > Document, select a file, then click Save:

2. The document is successfully added as a new vault item and if I hit 'Edit' on the newly created Vault item, I have the option to 'Add New File

3. The new file, however, is added as an individual Vault item of its own:

The ideal functionality I was looking for was to be able to add multiple files to one singular vault item entry. Something like this:

Please let me know if this functionality exists and if so how I can accomplish achieving this.
    Feel free to reach back out if there's any additional information you may need from me.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel Fuentes

• I see; thanks @dfuentes. Each Document is an item in its own right. You can create a "master item," (perhaps a Login or Secure Note) if you want, from which you link to each of these Documents, but each will still have its own independent listing as well.

Ben

• dfuentes
    dfuentes
    Community Member

That answers my question, @Ben
    Thanks for your assistance & have a great day!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @dfuentes! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day too :)

This discussion has been closed.