Why is Windows 10 adding a Facial Recognition layer on top on my Chrome Extension upon opening?

Options

It just started 2 days ago; Windows 10 is adding a Facial Recognition layer as a Security measure on top on my 1Password Chrome Extension window upon opening? Is this normal?

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: 7.4.750
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why is Windows 10 adding a Facial Recognition layer on top on my Chrome Extension upon opening?

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @denispaul,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, this is normal. We have supported Windows Hello for almost a year now back in the 1Password 7.0 release as a way to authenticate with 1Password to unlock your data. You'd click the Windows Hello button on the lock view to unlock.

In 1Password 7.4 update we released on Friday, you no longer have to click Windows Hello, it is bought up automatically as an improvement.

You can find out more here: https://support.1password.com/windows-hello/

If you wish to disable the automatic Windows Hello prompt, you can do so in your Advanced settings. Here's how: open 1Password, go to 1Password menu > Settings, and select Advanced on the left. Under Security, disable Show Windows Hello prompt automatically.

This discussion has been closed.