1password on my old (11) imac

Debey
Debey
Community Member

I just bought a new imac. I had been using your free 1password for years. I love it. But as an artist I have not been able tp upgrade.But now I have all my passwords and no access. Can you help me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os Ctalina 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have had 1password on my old (11) imac. I just bought a new one and have NO access

Comments

• Hi @Debey

I'd be happy to help with that. We don't offer a free version of 1Password, so I'm not entirely sure how that would've been working before. :) 1Password is a commercial offering. We don't sell ads or customer data, so selling 1Password to customers is our primary source of funding. So we can help you move forward, could you please let me know:

1. What version of 1Password you currently have installed
    2. Where your 1Password data is stored
    3. What you mean by 'no access.' Is your account frozen, or is your data showing 'read only,' or are you not able to see your data at all?

The more details you can provide the easier it will be for us to assist you.

Thanks!

Ben

• Debey
    Debey
    Community Member

Hi Ben, So I think you offered 1password for a yearly fee and I bought it many years ago. I never updated it, as I said artist! I have my hard drive which I assume has the info, but the old app (and I have no way of knowing what it is). Can you help?

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2020

Hi @Debey

Can you locate 1Password in the Applications folder? Select it and then press the spacebar, you should see something like this. (Press the spacebar again to dismiss the window.) What version does the popup show you?

• Debey
    Debey
    Community Member

Any ideas?

• @Debey

What version of 1Password are you using?

This discussion has been closed.