I hate the new 7.4.750 update

Please revert the way the login 1Password desktop app for window behaves. When clicking on the icon to open, it does not open correctly half the time and minimizes without a quick entry.

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JohnNguyen,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Please revert the way the login 1Password desktop app for window behaves.

Do you mean the new lock view instead of the full window? If yes, please read my post here about why it was done this way, it's part of the security improvements we made. We've isolated both the locked and unlocked views in their own processes and terminate them when they're done, they cannot share the same window. That's why there's a new unified lock view that unlocks to the main interface or mini depending on what you chose.

When clicking on the icon to open, it does not open correctly half the time and minimizes without a quick entry.

Can you clarify what you mean by this, this is definitely not intentional. Are you seeing the 1Password mini pop up for a second and then disappears on its own? If yes, can you tell me if you're using multiple monitors and what scaling factor and resolution are you using on your primary monitor (and others if you are using multiple monitors)?

Can you also send us your 1Password diagnostics report? Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.