Safari extension not working

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password extension not works.

Comments

• williamanderson
    williamanderson
    Community Member
    Options

I have been experiencing this issue for the last few days. The dialogue box tells me to turn on the 1 Password extension in Safari although it is already turned on. Still I can't get comd \ or click on the icon in Safari to work. Only a restart of my mac works

MacBook Pro
    Mac OS 10.15.3
    1Password 7.4.4 Mac App Store

• Kathukid
    Kathukid
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue after the 7.4.4 update. I tried disabling the extension in Safari, then quit Safari and then tried to enable it again, but when I click on the enable box, nothing happens. I tried rebooting my computer but that does not solve the problem either. Now the 1Password extension doesn't show in the toolbar, nor can I drag it from Safari Customize Toolbar screen as it does not show up their either.

• Sageantes
    Sageantes
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue and need some help in solving it if possible.

• AndrewStL
    AndrewStL
    Community Member
    Options

I am also experiencing the exact same issue - the 1Password icon in Safari is non-responsive, and when I have Safari open, the toolbar (mini) 1Password shows the Safari icon and states "Turn on 1Password extension to fill passwords.....Open Extensions Preferences in Safari". In the Safari Extensions Preferences, 1Password is checked to on.

• Masrop
    Masrop
    Community Member
    Options

I am also experiencing the same issue. 1Password extension on Safari [Version 13.0.5 (15608.5.11)] is unresponsive. 1Password is checked "on".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Everyone!

Our developers have been made aware of this. Thank you for your patience while we look into this! :+1:

• caine
    caine
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Is there any progress in solving this problem? Still cannot activate extension in safari, neither with AppStore version nor w/ downloaded from site.

• @caine

Can you try these steps and let me know if it solves the issue.

1. Clear away all open windows except the extension window by clicking the yellow dot in the upper left hand corner.
    2. Move the remaining extensions window to the center of the desktop.
    3. Click the extensions box; does it now take the check mark?
      `
  • jos2
    jos2
    Community Member
    Options

Weirdly enough, that worked for me! We'll see if it persists, but so far it seems to be working.

• @jos2

Thanks for letting us know that helped you. If you have issues in the future, please let us know.

• caine
    caine
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    alas, this sort of magic won't work for me. I've tried to hide all other windows, to close them, to center Safari settings window, to turn off my second display, but no way, checkbox still unclickable.

• @caine

Can you temporarily disconnect the secondary display and try again? I apologize for asking this, but I would like to relay your results with/without the second monitor up the chain. Thank you.

• caine
    caine
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy nope, won't work at all. event with physically disconnected display

• @caine Thanks for following up with me.

• Gamurva
    Gamurva
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Same issue with other extensions, so I searched and found in Apple Developer forums:
    https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/128456
    In the reply posted by Masterdutsu: "There is however a fix for this bug/issue: restart holding Shift key until the welcome screen and release the key (to enter in Safe Mode), open Safari -> Preferences -> Extensions tab -> enable extensions -> restart PC (normal, without holding any key, as usual). "
    Worked for me.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2020
    Options

@Gamurva

Thanks for sharing. I'll check and make our developers are aware of that conversation, I think they are, but it never hurts to be sure. :)

• whammer
    whammer
    Community Member
    Options

I do not know whether my problem falls into this topic. However, when I open the mini 1Password it only gives me the following message
    "Turn on the 1Password extension to fill passwords, credit cards, and addresses in Safari". with the settings button in this window I can open the 1Password app. However, the "Open and Fill Function is gone", i.e. I have to open each website and copy and paste the usernames and passwords into the login section of the website instead of filling it automatically.
    It used to work alright before but one day it stopped working for no apparent reason

• Ben
    Options

@whammer

Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• whammer
    whammer
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much. It worked

Wolfgang

• Ben
    Options

Very glad to hear it @whammer. :) Thanks for the update.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.