How do I set up facial ID for 1Password on Pixel 4XL?

hpowell48
hpowell48
Community Member

I loved how easy using 1Password was on my old Pixel XL with fingerprint ID. Before I upgraded to new Pixel 4XL which doesn't have a fingerprint scanner, I googled whether 1Password would work with facial recognition and found that it would. Now that I have my new Pixel 4XL, I don't see any way in the 1Password Android app to set it for using facial ID (which I have established for the phone itself). Under Security, the only choice is Biometric but that seems to only handle a fingerprint. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app and it's version 7.4, but no luck. So, no facial recognition??

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I set up facial ID on Pixel 4XL?

Comments

• Hi @hpowell48. Biometric Unlock is indeed for Face Unlock or Fingerprint Unlock, but will only work with whatever is set up on the device.

Given that your device doesn't support Fingerprint Unlock, can you let me know exactly what you see when you enable Biometric Unlock that leads you to believe it only works with Fingerprint Unlock?

• hpowell48
    hpowell48
    Community Member

So, I thought it wasn't working because it didn't ask for any facial ID confirmation. But, I just checked and it was working automatically. I waited for it to time out, tried it again and it worked. So, sorry for the confusion and question.

• I'm very glad to hear that did the trick, @hpowell48!

This discussion has been closed.