QR Code scanning not working

markc221
markc221
Community Member

I just factory reset my Note 10+ and updated everything to the latest version. I'm trying to use the QR Code scanner in 1P and it's saying to update to the latest version of Google Play Services. Everything I have is up to date so not sure how to fix.

1P - 7.4
Play Services -20.06.16

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @markc221, the QR code scanning portion of the app is handled by Play Services, so it sounds like something's not quite right there. Your version number sounds up to date (hard to say for sure as it varies by device), but you can find the Play Services app via this link to Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en

If there's an update available, install it, and if things still aren't working then I'd recommend a restart of the device before trying again. Hope that helps! :)

• DaveWoodX
    DaveWoodX
    Community Member

I'm seeing the same problem on multiple Android devices. All have up to date Play services. I see reports here dating back to 2016 when Google Play services was at version 9.x and now we're at 20.x. The error message stating that Google Play services needs to be updated appears to be incorrect.

What I've done that fixes the issue, is manually grant 1Password permission to the Camera (and Storage, though not sure that's needed), and then restarted the device. Restarting the app alone doesn't do it. After granter permission and restarting the device, 1Password is able to scan QR codes.

• Hi @DaveWoodX. We use the camera to scan your Setup Code, and this is one of the things we use Play services for. When you use 1Password to scan your Setup Code, it should prompt you to allow 1Password to access the camera and files. It sounds like somehow it was denied on your device.

I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out! Thanks for sharing this info. Hopefully others will find this helpful if they encounter the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.