To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Possible to Move Passwords from Personal Account to Business Account?

dmorris87
dmorris87
Community Member

Hello,

I just started working for a business that uses 1Password. Upon setup, I accidentally created a personal 1password account, not an account under the business's 1password vault. My 1 month trial has expired, the account is now frozen, but I have gained access to our business 1password vault. I am having a hard time moving passwords from the personal to business accounts. Is this something that can be automated, or do you have any recommendations on how to go about completing it?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Dean

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dmorris87
    dmorris87
    Community Member

Starting to work through this manually. I see the steps as:

1. Copy existing passwords/logins from Personal account to another file
    2. Delete 1Password personal account entirely
    3. Visit sites/logins from step 1 and save to new, business vault

Any issues following these steps?

• Hi @dmorris87

There is an easier way. :) You can copy the data directly from the personal account to the business account if you have both signed in using one of our native apps (e.g. 1Password for Mac). Instructions can be found here:

Move and copy items

Once you've copied all of the data you can delete the personal account:

How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• dmorris87
    dmorris87
    Community Member

I'm having an issue getting passwords moved. Is that a feature that becomes disabled once an account is frozen?

• @dmorris87

Yes; you'd need to copy the items instead of moving them. :)

Ben

• dmorris87
    dmorris87
    Community Member

I believe I have moved everything over and the old account has been deleted. Thank you, Ben!

• You're very welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.