Blank icons and search is not working in 1Password 7.4.750

2»

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

@mookien, unfortunately, not at the moment.

We've been trying to make it work but so far, it hasn't worked to let us scroll up the item list to make the selected be the first on top. We wanted this for a long time because of 1Password mini when it should scroll to show the last used item.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

No worries, @MikeT. At least the core functionality is there.

• I'm glad it's working for you, @mookien, even if not quite perfect. Enjoy and if that so happens to be your cat in your picture, do give him or her a head scratch from me. 💙

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

Thanks, @bundtkate. Yes, my 2yo ragdoll. She's a character. I've convinced my firm to use 1Password (previously used KeePass) and it's going over well.

• I love my ragdoll, although I'm pretty sure I was lied to. She doesn't like to sit on my lap, despite the fact that they're supposed to be lap kitties. Nor does she roll over like a doll when picking her up.

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

Haha. Same here @MikeT. I've come to accept it. Amazing how affectionate they get when they want a snack.

• Does your cat meow-sing as she goes up and down the stairs. We kept thinking she was hurt or something but no, we see her walking out meowing like she was singing. My favorite part is when she dead-eye us and meows to finish her singing. It just kills me. :smile:

• gguser
    gguser
    Community Member

I'm seeing the same experience in the Windows Client. I'm running 7.4.753. My search isn't working at all. I am also not getting the rich icons. I have tried what's recommended above, but it doesn't work (turning off rich icons and then optimizing the database). I have 1Password X installed on the same machine and it seems to be working.

• Hi guys,

@aknewhope / @gguser,

We think we may have found the fix for these issues. Would you be willing to test the 7.4.754 beta we just shipped to see if it helps?

Here's how to enable the beta updates. Let us know if it helps.

• rDsK11
    rDsK11
    Community Member

Hi guys,

Unless I have to do something else after installing the latest beta (x.754), still having the same problem with the search and rich icons.

Thanks in advance.

• joshrsmith
    joshrsmith
    Community Member

I have been bitten by the same bug - I am unable to search.
    I am on version 7.4.753.
    I tried to reset all data, uninstall 1Password, reboot, reinstall 1Password, and then do a fresh login - same result.

• We've confirmed this fix did not address search issues, thanks for letting us know, @rDsK11 and @joshrsmith. Hang tight, we're doing some more digging into this and we'll share more news when we've got it.

Also, @joshrsmith, I see you ended up posting a few times here. I'd be that's because our spam queue caught you a few times. Apologies for that. I'm going to delete the dupes just to reduce clutter. :+1:

• Xevian
    Xevian
    Community Member

Hi guys, I've same issue. Already uninstalled / computer reset / reinstalled with no success, even with last version (7.4.753)

Is very annoying. The search doesn't work and all of my icons are blank.

Pls help !!

• As I mentioned a moment ago, @Xevian, this is an issue we're actively investigating, but we don't have a fix or workaround at the moment. We'll provide an update just as soon as we have something else to try. :+1:

• aknewhope
    aknewhope
    Community Member

@MikeT

We think we may have found the fix for these issues. Would you be willing to test the 7.4.754 beta we just shipped to see if it helps?

I had 7.4.743 installed and it was working good. I now have 7.4.754 and it's still working good.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @aknewhope! That's good to hear :)

• Xevian
    Xevian
    Community Member

Not working for me, in fact, now is worst, I've 3 vaults and show me only 2

Missing search still persist

Laptop App not updated and show me the 3 vaults

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

Hi @Xevian,

Can you check that third vault isn't excluded in All Vaults? Open 1Password, go to 1Password menu > Settings > Vaults, make sure all three vaults are checked.

You can also right-click the missing vault in the vault list to select Show in All Vaults.

• For everyone with the missing search feature, we can confirm our fix is limited to a different issue. We're still tracking down what's causing this and we're going to ship another beta update very soon with improved logs to see where it is not working for you.

I'll follow up as soon as possible.

• Hi everyone,

We've just shipped 7.4.755-BETA with log improvements to help us track down where in searching it fails. Please check for a beta update, install, do a search to generate the logs, and then generate a fresh diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Hi guys,

Please check for the latest 1Password beta update (7.4.759), we think we've finally found the cause and fixed it.

Here's how to enable the beta updates: https://support.1password.com/betas/

• Xevian
    Xevian
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT

Works flawless again the search with v 7.4.759 (beta)

• Thanks, Xevian! I appreciate you taking the time to confirm the fix in the beta update.

• joshrsmith
    joshrsmith
    Community Member

Just updated to .759 and search works again! Yay!

• Thanks for letting us know, @joshrsmith! It's looking more and more like we can put this one to rest once and for all. Thanks so much to all of you for your patience and for helping us test along the way. We truly couldn't have done it without your help. 💙

This discussion has been closed.