Extension in Firefox 74.0 only works when 1P is open

Since upgrading to Firefox 74.0 I have to log into 1P the app in order to get the browser extension to work, this didn't used to be the case...is this a new safety feature or is there maybe an extension conflict? Thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: 4.7.6.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I'm a bit confused as to what's different here, @safercracker823456. The 1Password extension (desktop app required) has always shared a lock state with the desktop app. Did you perhaps use 1Password X before? It works independently from the desktop app so would be usable without it entirely. Or, perhaps I'm missing something here – are you not able to even see the lock screen unless you unlock the main app first?

Oh, and one more possibility – the extension and the main app now have the same lock window which has tripped some folks up. When you unlock, you should see the view you summoned – app or extension – but the lock screen won't look distinct for each any longer. If that's it apologies. We do know it's a bit confusing at first, but it was the best way to implement our isolated process model for 7.4. If it helps at all, it got me too, but after a while of using our internal builds, I got use to it and hardly notice any more. I'd wager you'll get there too. :chuffed:

• safercracker823456
    safercracker823456
    Community Member

"Oh, and one more possibility – the extension and the main app now have the same lock window which has tripped some folks up. "

That might be it, but often I click on the extension icon in the menubar and nothing happens--but it may be because of general computer slowness...will keep your explanation in mind and see how it goes. Thanks

• It should be pretty snappy in theory, @safercracker823456, but different systems have different quirks for sure. Keep an eye on it and an open mind, see if it starts to make sense and if it doesn't, let me know. Even if 1Password isn't actually doing something wrong, it might still be something we can improve so your feedback is valuable regardless. :chuffed:

• safercracker823456
    safercracker823456
    Community Member

Hi it seems like the Firefox button doesn't even open the window for me to log in and it's not just my computer being slow, I have to open the app itself manually each time and then the extension button pops up and is ready to populate the password.

Having said that I just uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it and it seems to work now.

• Please keep us informed of any changes, that shouldn't be something you need to do but it has helped in the past.

• safercracker823456
    safercracker823456
    Community Member

The problem is back...(clicking on the extension in Firefox doesn't even open a window to login, have to go to the app itself directly first).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@safercracker823456:

The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• safercracker823456
    safercracker823456
    Community Member

where is the ticket number?

• You should get an auto-reply when you send your email with it in both the body and tacked on the subject linke @safercracker823456. It'll look like [#ABC-123-4567].

• safercracker823456
    safercracker823456
    Community Member

[#ICD-54114-437]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@safercracker823456:

Thank you! I confirm that we have received your email and I was able to locate it in our system. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ICD-54114-437

This discussion has been closed.