set up problem AW 5, version 6.1.3

Knut
Knut
Community Member

Following suggested steps up to selecting taps on iPhone for AW, there is no 1Pw icon appearing on home screen and tapping the digital crown nothing happens other than showing all the apps on AW (without 1Pw). Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Knut! Welcome to the forum!

Following suggested steps up to selecting taps on iPhone for AW,

Can you please clarify what steps you have been following so far? Thank you!

• Knut
    Knut
    Community Member

Open and unlock 1Password.
    Tap Settings > Apple Watch.
    Turn on Enable Apple Watch.

Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone.
    Tap an item and scroll to the bottom of its details.
    Tap Add to Apple Watch.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Knut:

Can you please post a screenshot of your Settings > Apple Watch window in the 1Password app?

• Knut
    Knut
    Community Member

ok! IMG_8B7751D6ADAC-1.jpeg

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Knut:

I see that you just pasted the filename of the screenshot. Please upload the screenshot instead, you can do it using the forum's upload function which you get by clicking on the image icon:

• Knut
    Knut
    Community Member

here we go

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Knut Have you actually installed 1Password on your Watch? Go to the Watch.app on your iPhone home screen, scroll down to near the bottom, find 1Password--it should be listed either under INSTALLED ON APPLE WATCH or under AVAILABLE APPS (sorry about the All Caps, that is how Apple does it in the App.) Once installed, use the instructions--or just add an "Apple Watch" tag to the item you wish to see on the watch. Free tip: You can add the tags anywhere you have 1Password setup. hth

• Knut
    Knut
    Community Member

No, it's not installed on AW. How would I go about installing it? I have searched but didn't find a separate AW app for 1Pw in the app Store.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Knut Do you have 1Password installed on your iPhone? If you don't, you must first install it there.

Then, Go to the Watch.app on your iPhone home screen,

Click on the Watch.app, then scroll down to near the bottom and follow the directions I outlined above.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the assist once again @vplewis! :+1: :)

• Knut
    Knut
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Thank you, ag_an, I did get 1Pw on my watch. But that's it- nothing else happened. I get the homescreen but no tags.
    In the instruction it says : To view an item, tap it....."- what item? There is none. All the tags I had added on my iPone will not show.
    puzzled.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Knut:

Do you have a passcode enabled on your Apple Watch already?

• Knut
    Knut
    Community Member

passcode is enabled on my watch

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Knut:

And can you confirm that all your 1Password items that you want to appear on the Watch definitely have the Apple Watch tag applied to them?

• Knut
    Knut
    Community Member

Definitely. What I have tagged includes the Passwords for my NAS-Server, my Apple ID and apps on my iPhone that cannot be loaded to my watch, such as the digital edition of a newspaper, a movie data base, and others.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Knut:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Knut
    Knut
    Community Member

While waiting to hear from you I wasn't idle and unpaired/erased my AW to make a fresh reinstall of watch OS. Then, setting up everything again, I was rewarded with a big surprise- everything worked as expected! Apparently there was some bug lurking around. It's now killed and everything is fine. Thank you for your time and special attention.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Knut:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that starting fresh helped sort things out :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.