Credit Cards other than...

Options
DanOrtego
DanOrtego
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Mac

As an avid 1P user since the very beginning, I noticed the product has become increasingly robust with evolutionary improvements.

Currently, I can't figure out how to store and RETRIEVE Store Credit Cards other than VISA, MasterCard, and a few other mainstream cards. Even though a card like Lowe's or Home Depot follows the same design elements, 1P seemingly can't handle a card that isn't in their limited number of options. The auto-fill or Extension(s) for Safari doesn't work. I stopped using Google Chrome, but I love using Microsoft Edge Canary, but it doesn't appear to be compatible with 1P.

If anyone has similar issues, I would like to know how to log in to the associated account(s).

1Password 7
Version 7.4.BETA-0 (70400000)
1Password Beta

1P Family

MacBook Pro 2017 w/Catalina v10.15

1P for: iOS 13.1.3

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DanOrtego: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Edge beta works with 1Password for Mac beta, but you'll need to make some changes manually since it doesn't setup NativeMessaging automatically (though I imagine Microsoft will address that in the future). This discussion will help with that:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/524115/#Comment_524115

Regarding Credit Card filling, that is only supported for actual Credit Cards. If you save the details in a Credit Card item, it may work. But 1Password is designed for filling the card types it supports, since those are standardized, not "store cards":

• Visa
    • Mastercard
    • American Express
    • Diners Club
    • Carte Blanche
    • Discover
    • JCB
    • Maestro
    • VISA Electron
    • Laser
    • UnionPay

Many "store cards" nowadays though are just regular credit cards, such as Visa or Mastercard, so those should work, depending on how the page where you're trying to fill them is designed.

Regarding Safari, you'd need to have the extension enabled in Safari Preferences > Extensions. And keep in mind that filling will not work at all unless you've registered the app without a 1Password membership or license for the specific version you're using.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• DanOrtego
    DanOrtego
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification and quick response.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of brenty, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Loganrun
    Loganrun
    Community Member
    Options

As a suggestion, can you list a "Other" or "Store Credit" type listing to store the miscellaneous credit cards in the Credit Card category? I don't require that they autofill every time, but I would like to have a location where I can store card info in the unlikely event it is lost or stolen I can retrieve the info and contact the card issuer quickly.

Additionally, Do you have a central location to make suggestions for 1P future considerations?
    Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Loganrun:

As a suggestion, can you list a "Other" or "Store Credit" type listing to store the miscellaneous credit cards in the Credit Card category?

Have you considered using tags to separate these cards from regular credit cards? You would not need a separate section for them in that case.

Additionally, Do you have a central location to make suggestions for 1P future considerations?

You can open a forum discussion here anytime ;)

• BobMid
    BobMid
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with @DanOrtego. An ability to add Store Card" to credit card type is important, and while it's true a lot of credit cards are visa , mc, etc, there are many department stores, gas stations, etc that are only good for that store. It truly an easy change.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this @BobMid :+1:

This discussion has been closed.