AWS - AccountId populated with OTP Code

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@naydichev:

We are going to release updates for the companion browser extension soon as well ;)

• naydichev
    naydichev
    Community Member

Will you post an update on this thread when that happens?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

And thank you for the tips @pinnokio! With the next extension updates, no workaround should be necessary, but in the meantime we appreciate the suggestion :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@naydichev:

Yes :+1:

• dyegoe
    dyegoe
    Community Member

+1
    Chrome: 80.0.3987.132
    1Password X: 1.18.0

• dyegoe
    dyegoe
    Community Member

+1
    Chrome: 80.0.3987.132
    1Password X: 1.18.0

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dyegoe:

As I wrote earlier in the thread, the fix has been published in 1Password X 1.18.1 ;)

• dyegoe
    dyegoe
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana
    I don't have this version on google chrome. I clicked on update, but nothing changed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dyegoe:

It might take a little bit for Google to approve and publish the update, but the good news is that 1Password X should update automatically for you as soon as version 1.18.1 becomes available everywhere.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Any word on 1P FF extension (not 1PX) getting updated? Currently running 4.7.5.90.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@njitman:

Not yet, sorry.

• arif
    arif
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

This! Please post an update. This might be related, I am unable to save the account field when saving the login (see attached screenshot)

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.3 (70403002)
    1Password Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@arif:

I have done so multiple times so far in the discussion :+1: You can find another update (specifically on 1Password X) from my colleague Cecelia here too :)

• arif
    arif
    Community Member

Posted an update to the problem @ag_ana. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@arif:

Thank you for the update. This might be related, so please wait for an update to the extension and see if that helps you. Otherwise we will be happy to take a closer look for you :+1:

• acarling
    acarling
    Community Member

Same issue is currently present in safari running 1P 7.3.2 (e.g. latest stable version).

The workaround described by @pinnokio and others did the trick though!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@acarling:

I am glad to hear that the workaround helped, thank you for the update :)

Same issue is currently present in safari running 1P 7.3.2 (e.g. latest stable version).

The latest version of 1Password for Mac is 7.4.3, so you are a few versions behind if you are running 7.3.2. Please make sure you install the latest version from our website for good measure (the built-in updater might not work since we fixed a bug with it in one of our latest versions, so it's possible that you are not seeing any updates in the app because of this).

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

Can someone who has gotten the workaround to work please elaborate the steps they followed to get it to work. I have tried numerous things with no luck. Not sure if it is also platform specific.

• acarling
    acarling
    Community Member

@ag_ana: Thanks for the heads up. I actually ran the built in updater to confirm I was on latest version, but I guess I ran into that bug. Now I'm properly updated.

@njitman: I only added a section like this:

It seems to work with nothing but that section. Just to double check I even made sure to clean out everything but "username" and "password" from the "Saved Web Form" section and it still works.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

@acarling Unfortunately, that is what I first tried since it sounds intuitive, but no love here. I am using 1P 7.4.754 on Windows 10 with FF 74.0 and FF 1P browser extension 4.7.5.90. See screenshot for my config. Tried both Account and account.

• razornova
    razornova
    Community Member

Same issue!

• naydichev
    naydichev
    Community Member

@ag_ana what about for firefox?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@acarling:

Thank you for the update! Updating to 7.4.3 is unrelated to the AWS website, but it's always a good idea to be on the latest version, that's why I suggested running a manual upgrade :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@razornova:

Thank you for letting us know :+1: Please see the whole discussion so far for all the updates :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@naydichev:

Same for Firefox: we will release an update as soon as possible.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@njitman:

All I can think about suggesting in your case, if the workaround posted by other users is not helping you, is to save a new login manually in the browser, and perhaps make sure that you also edit the web form details inside your 1Password item, instead of only adding a custom section.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

@ag_ana When you talk about editing the web form details, is that the top panel of the item? Here is a new item I created from the browser, you can see the Saved on us-east-1.signin.aws.amazon.com section 1P created. I also added an account field in the Section area. This item properly fills the Account ID field in AWS. However, as soon as I add the OTP code, the OTP overrides the account field.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020

@njitman:

When you talk about editing the web form details, is that the top panel of the item?

No, the web form details are at the bottom of the item, there is a specific button for that ;)

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

OK, so I can click Show web form details, it shows the username and password fields, a checkbox to never display in browser and submit drop-down. How do I add 'account' to that area?

• unfor19
    unfor19
    Community Member
    • Ubuntu 19.10
    • Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    • 1Password X – Password Manager - 1.18.0

Having the same issue here, I've already tried adding account , and it still doesn't work.

I can make it work when:
    1. Click on the 1-Password extension icon
    2. Click Auto fill button

But that misses the point of using 1-Password, especially as a paying customer :-\

This discussion has been closed.