While typing Master Password, field goes away

I just started noticing this in the past week or so. I'm on Chrome on Windows using the standalone extension. When I click on the 1Password extension, it brings up the master password field. As I'm typing the info, it just goes away and my typing is moved google homepage search bar. Usually it's on the first attempt, then it works fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dribnus! Thanks for reporting this to us. It's not something I've seen myself, so I'm curious to learn more. I know of a bug in Chromium that causes some lag in extensions with pop-ups while on an external display. Do you happen to be on an external display, or does this seem like something completely different?

• dribnus
    dribnus
    Community Member

Sorry for the long delay on responding. This is on laptop and desktop. Still happening even after recent updates.

• dribnus
    dribnus
    Community Member
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dribnus:

Thank you for the video! What version of 1Password X are you using, and on what version of Chrome?

• Hey @dribnus! Just wanted to give you a quick update: We submitted a 1Password X release containing a fix for this to the browser extension stores; The update is live in Firefox and is currently in review for the Chrome Web Store. Here's the changelog entry:

1Password X Release Notes

You'll get the update automatically, as soon as it's available via Chrome. Thank you again for taking the time to report this to us. ❤️

• dribnus
    dribnus
    Community Member

Thank you. To ag_ana, the current version is 1.18.6 and Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• That makes sense, @dribnus — The version 1Password X will update to that contains this fix is 1.18.8. Thanks for the additional info!

• dribnus
    dribnus
    Community Member

The update did fix it. Thanks everyone.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming that, @dribnus! We're happy to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.