How to set equivalent domains?

Options

Hi!

I wonder, how to set equivalent domains matching?

Like, I want all the logins with the URI domain.net to also autofill the domains domain.com. Currently, I am manually adding the URI entries in all the logins.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:domain

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @felipecassiors! Welcome to the forum!

What you are trying to do is not allowed for security reasons: if you believe that a login for domain.net should also be filled on domain.com, you will have to manually add both websites to the login item, as you have been doing.

• felipecassiors
    felipecassiors
    Community Member
    Options

It's a bit annoying when you have to do this for a bunch of login items in the same situation. Also, I can't imagine how it would be a security flaw since I'm talking about a user-defined configuration, such as it is in Lastpass.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@felipecassiors:

I see what you mean now, and I appreciate the feedback about this! :+1:

• henry_csft
    henry_csft
    Community Member
    Options

This is also a big annoyance for me as a concurrent user of 1Pass and LastPass.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @henry_csft! I went ahead and passed it along to the rest of the team.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#148

• StefanA
    StefanA
    Community Member
    Options

I really miss this from LastPass. I have a number of logins where companies have changed names or operate on different domains.
    live. com - outlook.com hotmail.com microsoft.com all use the same credential. And I do not want warnings about reused passwords by adding all....

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback as well @StefanA! In the meantime, you can add multiple website fields to your Login item so those credentials will be filled on all the different domains, without needing to have duplicate items with different URLs :+1:

• LisaRDean
    LisaRDean
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to add my vote for this feature as well.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @LisaRDean

Have you tried adding multiple website fields to the Login item in question? E.g. one Login item can have website fields for each: live.com, microsoft.com, outlook.com, skype.com, etc.

Ben

• LisaRDean
    LisaRDean
    Community Member
    Options

Absolutely, and that works great, but having the option to set equivalent domains globally, like LastPass has would also be a very useful feature in certain situations such as have been described above.

• Ben
    Options

@LisaRDean

I'm trying to understand what that accomplishes that multiple website fields on a Login item does not. Could you help me bridge the gap?

Ben

• LisaRDean
    LisaRDean
    Community Member
    Options

As @felipecassiors mentioned, if you have multiple login items with the same situation, having a global setting is useful. I had this situation when I was working as a sysadmin and had multiple logins for vendors like Microsoft that liked to change the domain name they used for SSO.

• Hey @LisaRDean. Thank you for the additional context and feedback. I have added your feedback to our open issue for this feature request. :smile:

• jenming
    jenming
    Community Member
    Options

Just adding a big +1 here - I have a number of sites for which I have multiple logins. This is especially true for my usage of 1password in my company where i may want to log into a system as different users for different purposes (example: we run a website where our users can log in, and they all have different roles/permissions - I want to be able to log in as a user with equivalent roles/permissions to see what they're seeing. Also - we have different domains for different locales). When multiple logins and different domains collide, this feature of being able to designate multiple domains as equivalent...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in @jenming :+1:

• davidpinter
    davidpinter
    Community Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Any update on this feature request? It's been > 6 months this this thread saw a mod post. I'd like to add another use case/example. I have 8 Accounts with my credit union (mine, my wife's, my kids, my IRA, my business and a Trust). Each is its own username/password in 1Password. But the credit union uses different website urls for different functionality (financial actions vs reward points vs. account activity--MFA, pwd reset, etc). Populating all 8 with sets of Websites is odious. Losing LastPass's global Equivalent Domain when I joined my wife's 1password Family is disappointing, so I too would like to see 1Password with a similar feature.

• Hey @davidpinter. Nothing to add at this time, but I appreciate your sharing your feedback and use case as well. It's definitely a workaround, but a suggestion I have is to consider creating a "template" item in the future that you then duplicate for each other item, so your blank item starts with all the URLs in place, and all you add then is the username and password.

• amelsakka
    amelsakka
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_michaelc
    Any updates on this feature request? It's been additional 4 months now :)

This is a very important request, because I also have a lot of password items that needs multiple domains, and it's very inconvenient to manually add additional website in each item, one by one.

If I may suggest a compromise: you can just add a tool that bulk adds additional websites (domain b, c and d) in all password items that matches certain website (domain a).

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @amelsakka ,
    Thanks for checking in on this.

No updates on the matter unfortunately. There's quite a queue on our features requests list but all of our development resources are currently pointed towards 1Password 8, which is already in early access, and it will be a while longer before it is released officially.

I completely understand why this feature is very important to you and I hope we will be able to implement this feature request in the future.
    I hope you've found some of the suggestions here helpful for now. Let us know if you have further questions or anything else at all we can help you with.

• timjo
    timjo
    Community Member
    Options

The global equivalent domains in LastPass is a real winner. Having just migrated from LastPass, I am really missing this feature. I have multiple websites which utilise SSO and without this feature, I have had to add multiple websites to the various logins to allow them to be available for autofill.

Very much looking forward to this feature being implemented.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback as well @timjo :+1:

• P1h3r1e3d13
    P1h3r1e3d13
    Community Member
    Options

The CLI would be a great way to bulk add, as in @amelsakka's suggestion. In fact, that's why I tried the CLI. Alas it doesn't support the additional website fields.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@P1h3r1e3d13 You are right.

This feature will hopefully make it into one of the next updates of the CLI :)

• timjo
    timjo
    Community Member
    Options

Below are the specific features that several users like myself have been requesting as noted on the LastPass Support forum.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/duplicate-stored-passwords-across-multiple-sites-lp040007
    https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/manage-your-url-rules-lp040008

Hope these references paint a clear picture what we are interested in.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @timjo!

This discussion has been closed.