Features: 1) Optional disable offline access, 2) Webhooks for alerts, 3) Tiny bit more info in CLI!

Options
jmoc
jmoc
Community Member

We have around 4,000 credentials stored and for the most part, and due to the way our business is structed, most people need access to most passwords. It's untenable for us to go forth with a process wherein we reset 4,000 passwords upon the loss of an employee. As such, we've used other non-technical means to reduce (not remove) our risk.

Our team of 40 loves 1Password. It's probably the favorite tool in our belt. Oddly, I've needed to undergo research on an alternative as we're having some trouble closing some security holes in the way our team uses the vaults. Alas, I believe we'll be sticking with 1Password; it shines in so many other areas.

Here's a few features that would help us extremely:

1) Offline Access Optional

This one is probably far fetched, have every app store a boolean of whether or not it needs to call home before showing the vault contents. If true, call home to 1Password and wait for a successful response before unlocking.

2) Webhooks

Allow us to specify a location to which 1Password's servers will POST json of every event.

3) More detail in CLI

Through the GUI, I'm able to create a report on a vault that shows:

Usage: A list of items showing when they were last accessed, and by whom.

Please make this available via the CLI so that we may begin logging this event!

Thanks for reading!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmoc, and welcome to our forum! :chuffed:

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences - I'm glad to hear that on the whole, your team loves 1Password. Thanks also for taking the time to share your feature suggestions - I'll pass those on to our engineering teams for you, for their future consideration. In the meantime, I have a few suggestions which may go part way to helping you out.

In regards to your "Offline Access Optional" suggestion, if you have a 1Password Business account then vault managers have access to a feature called "App Access"; this allows them to choose which 1Password apps can be used to access any given vault they manage. They could restrict access to "1Password for Web" - this would make it so that the vault would only be accessible from the web interface, or through 1Password X.

In regards to "Webhooks", you might be interested in looking at our Slack integration; with this, you can have events and notifications from your account posted in real-time to a Slack instance: https://support.1password.com/slack/

I hope that helps - let me know if you have any questions! :+1:

John

This discussion has been closed.