AWS console account id being replaced with one-time password

Comments

• wbeckwith
    wbeckwith
    Community Member

I'm using 1Password X version 1.18.1 on Firefox version 74.0 and it works like it should. However, 1Password X version 1.18.6 on Chrome version 80.0.3987.132 continues to put the OTP in the account alias field. I have removed and reinstalled the extension to no avail.

• wbeckwith
    wbeckwith
    Community Member

OK, from looking at the release notes, it looks like I'm waiting for 1.18.8.beta to be made available in the Chrome web store.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's correct @wbeckwith :)

• gotrevor
    gotrevor
    Community Member

I'm on Chrome on OS X, and when I right-click on the 1Password X icon in the toolbar and select "Check for Updates", it reports that I'm running the latest version "1.18.0". How much longer will the rollout take?

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

Is there yet an ETA for a forthcoming "non-X", 1Password application browser plugin to fix this?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@gotrevor – The 1.18.1 release has been submitted to Chrome, but it needs to go through the review process that happens prior to each update being pushed to the public. I don't have an estimate on when that'll be finished; I'm afraid it's our of our hands here at 1Password. That said, your extension should update automatically (as long as automatic updates are enabled), and I'd be happy to post in this thread once I get word that the update has been approved by Chrome.

• dfuentes1977
    dfuentes1977
    Community Member

When is the fix out for Firefox (not X) ?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@wagnerone and @dfuentes1977 – I'm sorry to say that don't have an ETA to share for updates to the 1Password desktop apps/companion extension. I do know that it's on those specific teams' radars, though. In the meantime, you're welcome to use the workaround that Cecelia mentioned in this comment, which is adding a custom field with the label of account and a value of your account number to your AWS Login item.

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

I have 30+ AWS accounts, so I'm holding off snarling up all my records with that workaround as long as I can. :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@wagnerone – That's completely understandable. If you're interested in giving the beta a try, the beta build with the AWS fix has been approved by Chrome and is currently available. You can grab the 1Password X beta in Chrome and Firefox. If you'd rather stick with the stable version, just know that a fix is on its way!

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

Thanks @kaitlyn! I use the app/plug-in combo in Brave (Chrome compatible - now with less privacy invasion!) and Safari. I'm on the beta track there, so will hang on a bit.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@wagnerone – Ah, I see. I hope I didn't get your hopes up. I'd stick with the beta, like you mentioned. The fix will make it to that build first. :)

• jeremygaither
    jeremygaither
    Community Member

Also checked regarding the workaround while using Safari 13.0.5 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and I already had the form field account saved correctly. Any ETA on getting the Safari plugin working again?

(just my +1 to subscribe for updates...)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jeremygaither:

Unfortunately we don't have an ETA at the moment, but we hope to have an update for Safari as well as soon as possible.

• UnixSage
    UnixSage
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Some one mentioned in another thread to add to Section NOT webform. I did that and all 4 or my AWS accounts work again..

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.3 (70403002)
    1Password Store

MacOS 10.15.3

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@UnixSage – That's exactly right!

@jeremygaither – You'll want to add account as a new section on your item rather than in Web Form Details.

• jeremygaither
    jeremygaither
    Community Member

Thank you @UnixSage @kaitlyn that fixed it!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @jeremygaither! Thank you for the update :)

• tom139
    tom139
    Community Member

Thank you @UnixSage and @jeremygaither: that worked for me to.

@ag_ana Is the fix going to be released even on 1Password? I understand the next release of 1Password X will patch this but I wish I didn't have to choose between Touch ID support and AWS login working smoothly.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tom139! Thanks for joining the conversation. :)

We don't have a release schedule to share when it comes to the 1Password desktop apps (or any of our apps, for that matter). I'll make sure our Mac developers are aware of the issue, though.

I've got a couple things to add – Touch ID support is available in the 1Password X and 1Password for Mac betas. If that's something you're interested in trying out, you can find more info here.

Next, I want to make sure the workaround (mentioned by @UnixSage and @jeremygaither) ended up working for you. I'd love for you to have both Touch ID support (either via the companion extension or the 1Password X beta) and a working AWS Login. We should be able to manage that by getting you on board with the 1Password X and 1Password for Mac betas, like I mentioned, or by using the workaround where you add the account field in manually. Let me know if you have any trouble with either option!

• sj26
    sj26
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Same issue on:

macOS 10.15.4 (19E266)
    Safari 13.1 (15609.1.20.111.8)
    1Password 7.3.2 (70302004) - 1Password Store
    1Password (Safari Extension) 7.3.2

My web form details already included an account field with the correct value, but it is being replaced by otp anyway. I've also tried recreating the whole login item, recorded from the web form, with no joy.

Subscribing for updates.

Edit: oh, I just tried adding account as a field (not a web form detail field) with the correct value, and it does work as a workaround. 🙌

• mattogodoy
    mattogodoy
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

[deleted]

Sorry, I just read that we have to wait for Chrome to update to have 1.8.1 available :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@sj26 – I'm glad you were able to get the workaround behaving well for you. Keep an eye out for future updates to 1Password for Mac!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@mattogodoy – You got it. It's still in review at the moment, but the workaround should work for you in the meantime. If you're eager, the 1Password X beta has already been approved with the fix.

• nunyabiz
    nunyabiz
    Community Member

Same issue on

MacOS 10.14.6 (18G95)
    Firefox 74.0
    1Password 4.7.5.9

It's been myabe a month since this problem first appeared. I understand you have lot of products to support but it's not the best customer experience for a regression bug with workarounds here and there. To be honest and I don't mean to be rude here, this was working and it broke on what it seems from the comments on all platforms, either be X or no X.

We don't have a release schedule to share when it comes to the 1Password desktop apps (or any of our apps, for that matter). I'll make sure our Mac developers are aware of the issue, though.

At the end of the day it's a bug, not a release of a new feature.

• yellowbkpk
    yellowbkpk
    Community Member

I'm still seeing this in Chrome 80.0.3987.162, 1PasswordX 1.19.0.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@nunyabiz – You're absolutely right. When a change is made to a website, it'll more than likely affect filling on all platforms. In order to fill properly on AWS, you've got two options – you can install 1Password X (that's the forum category we're in currently) or add a new custom field to your AWS Login item with the label of account and a value of [your account number].

I'm sorry for the confusion, and I understand how my words could have been misinterpreted. I meant the word "release" as in the release a new version of 1Password for Mac, a new version that includes the change we made after we caught wind that the AWS sign-in page was updated, not the release of a new feature.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@yellowbkpk – I believe 1Password X 1.19.0 is still in review by the Chrome Web Store. Can you double check what version of 1Password X you're running and let me know?

• yellowbkpk
    yellowbkpk
    Community Member

Yep, I definitely have 1.19.0. I have the beta installed and that's the version I got.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Ah, I didn't realize you had the beta installed! That makes sense. What's going on when you fill into the AWS console? There are a few different sign-in forms, so would you mind taking a screenshot of the form for me?

This discussion has been closed.