Can’t set up app on iPad mini

orsonrp
orsonrp
Community Member

Hi,

I’m trying to install 1PW on an older iPad mini. I scanned the account QR code visible on my phone, which auto filled 3 of the 4 fields on the iPad. I entered my master pw. When I hit enter, it says, “check your email and secret key,” and does not log me in. My email is correct. Since Face ID is so bad, I enter my master PW several times a week on my iPhone. So I definitely know what my master PW is. I’m not sure what’s up. I also verified that the auto-filled secret key is correct.

If it helps, my iPad mini is running version 10.0.2, and is model ME276LL/A.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @orsonrp

iOS 10 isn't compatible with 1Password 7, which is the version that supports 1Password memberships. 1Password 7 requires iOS 12.2 or later.

System requirements for 1Password

It may be time to start considering a newer device if at all feasible. I realize these devices are expensive and we're not financial consultants, but from a security perspective being stuck with an OS that is a number of major versions out of date on an internet connected device is far less than ideal. We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser.

That said, if that is impractical right now, we may have a temporary workaround we can share. I can't promise it'll work, or that if it does it'll continue to do so, but if you'd like to try please reach out to us at support+forum@1password.com via email. With your email please include a link to this forum thread. When you write in you'll get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can "connect the dots." Thanks!

Ben

• orsonrp
    orsonrp
    Community Member

Ben, that's incredibly helpful, and I really appreciate the offer for the workaround! Luckily I don't think it's necessary at the moment, but if it turns out I'm wrong... I'll definitely reach out. I've been amazed (up until now) that this old ipad hasn't had more issues... guess it's time to bite the bullet and upgrade.

That said, I wonder if there'd be a way to have the error message be more indicative of the underlying problem for cases such as mine (it sounds like login was failing on account of iOS version, not because my secret key or email was actually wrong)? I know folks make 1,001 feature requests on the forums every day, but... here's another one, I guess.

Thanks again

• I'm glad to hear that information was helpful. Unfortunately, regarding your suggestion, we are unable to update old versions of 1Password for iOS at this point, so we cannot change the error message. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.