Multiple private vaults as a Family member

studiosteve
studiosteve
Community Member

Hi,

I've read a few posts but can't seem to get a clear answer.

We've recently setup a Family account. There are 2 organisers, one of which is me.

I can see in my Family account there is a Private and Shared vaults.

I'm moving from a personal account where I have 2 vaults.
If I wanted another private vault that no one else can see or edit is that possible on a Family account?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but thanks in advance for any help.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @studiosteve

If I wanted another private vault that no one else can see or edit is that possible on a Family account?

There is not. 1Password Families does require a level of trust in the people who are organizers on the membership. While they do not have access to shared vaults that they are not invited to by default, they can add themselves to such vaults if they so desire (any vault other than each person's one "Private" vault is a shared vault).

Ben

• studiosteve
    studiosteve
    Community Member

Ok, thanks for clearing that up so succinctly.

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• otim
    otim
    Community Member

Dear 1password team,
    I just ran into this same issue. Is there any chance to re-consider this? Without realizing I basically gave the other organizer in my family (my brother) access to my "work" vault. To me this is such an obvious use case and even though I trust my brother I am legally not allowed to share work logins with him.
    Thank you very much!

• @otim

In that case your work should consider a 1Password Teams or 1Password Business membership for the storage of work-related items, or you should consider revoking organizer access from your brother. While we haven't ruled out changes in this regard, it is unlikely this situation will change in the near future.

Ben

• otim
    otim
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply @Ben !
    Revoking organizer access for my brother was the only option for me at the moment.
    To be honest, it's a bizarre product decision to me. The rest of the service is very well thought through.

• Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.