Autofill Problems with 3rd party app and 1Password autofill.

SuzanneT
SuzanneT
Community Member

I have a new iPhone 11 with Face ID. Everything is set up properly, but when I try a 3rd party app, 1Password put the right password, but I get this message error "The system is unable to access your request at the moment. Please try again [0003]. I tried many times, and it was the same Problem. If I type the password myself, it works. Checked the autofill password for my 3rd party app and it was the right one.

1Password Version: 7.4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Password does not work on 3rd party app, but the password is right

Comments

• Hi @SuzanneT

If 1Password is filling the correct information then this sounds like an issue with the 3rd party app, rather than 1Password. Have you tried reaching out to the vendor of the app in question? Please let me know.

Ben

• SuzanneT
    SuzanneT
    Community Member

According to them (Bank app), it should work with Face ID and 1Password. it was working fine with with my iPhone 6, with Touch ID. It seems that the process to get 1Password is a Little bit longer than before. 1) open Bank app.
    2) click on the Password Field, then the keybord appears with the "key" icon
    3) click on the Key password, then a sélection appears : 1Password or iCloud Keychain
    4) click on 1Password which opens with face id,
    5) click on autofill of the Bank account, the password appears in the "password Field".
    6) click return and then the message error appears. the password is the right one, well spelled, no space before or after, but it does not work. If I type it, it works.

• @SuzanneT

The only thing that 1Password does in this process is provide your credentials to the iOS autofill service, which then fills them into the app for you. If 1Password is giving autofill the correct information then any problems occurring after that point are either with autofill or the 3rd party app... If autofill is working with your other apps as expected then it seems more likely that the 3rd party app is the source of difficulty here. Is autofill working in other apps?

Ben

P.S. We recommend turning off iCloud Keychain for autofill when using 1Password so that passwords are being properly saved in 1Password, rather than iCloud Keychain: https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/ (see the green 'tip' box)

This discussion has been closed.