To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

accidentally have two 1password accounts, need help and clarification

pcwendyb
pcwendyb
Community Member
edited March 2020 in Memberships

my email is --snip-- ; I used 1password a few years ago - and decided to use it again. I signed up for a new account, new master password and when I downloaded the app on my mac - it wouldn't accept my new password and I had to enter my OLD master password. Now I'm more confused than EVER.

• Email removed for your privacy, as the forum is public.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:accidentally have more than one account, need help and clarification

Comments

• Hi @pcwendyb

If your old 1Password account is still connected to your Mac then that would make sense. :) Is there any 1Password data on the Mac that you want to keep, or do you want to start fresh? Please let me know.

Ben

• pcwendyb
    pcwendyb
    Community Member

I think I would love to start fresh!

• pcwendyb
    pcwendyb
    Community Member

I think I would love to start fresh!

• @pcwendyb

Great! In that case please make sure you have your Secret Key and Master Password, then open the 1Password for Mac app and select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data. Then sign back in to your new account. :)

Ben

• pcwendyb
    pcwendyb
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

I don't have the option to click help...this is what I see!

[screenshot removed for privacy reasons; this is a public forum!]

• @pcwendyb

It is at the very top of your screen, above the area of your screenshot.

Ben

• pcwendyb
    pcwendyb
    Community Member

that is my screen. there is nothing above it - that's the whole screen.... sorry - I don't mean to be a butt...I am not understanding...

• @pcwendyb

macOS has a menu bar that is at the very top of your monitor... you'll also find the Apple logo and the clock on this same bar. That is where the Help menu I'm referring to lives.

Ben

• pcwendyb
    pcwendyb
    Community Member

I UNDERSTAND now....:). THANK YOU

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.