Different number of logins on different machines?

safetyman
safetyman
Community Member
edited February 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have 1PW on 3 machines. Two of them have the same number of logins, while
the other has fewer--indicating that it's not getting updated. How can I fix this?
I'm thinking it might have started when I upgraded to Windows 10.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @safetyman!

What sync method are you using?

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana! How do I tell this? I looked in Settings and didn't see where it's specified.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @safetyman,

Do you remember creating a 1Password membership account or do you use a local vault in 1Password on your computers?

Also, please open and unlock 1Password 7 on your third machine, where you have this issue, and check if you see any Offline changes in the sidebar on the left. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member

Hi @Greg,

I use a local vault, not a membership account.

Not seeing anything under WATCHTOWER or CATEGORIES in left sidebar about Offine changes.

Thanks,

Eric

• Hi @safetyman,

Offline Changes is for 1Password accounts, there's no way to determine offline changes for standalone vaults because we're only syncing the local folders on the disk while your third party sync client handles the sync between computers.

To find out which folder you're syncing with for your standalone vaults, expand the vault menu on the left sidebar by clicking the vault header on top of the left sidebar and then right-click your vault for its options. If you hover on top of Reveal in Explorer, it'll tell you where your standalone vault is like so:

Note that if it is not syncing, it will say Enable sync instead of Disable sync.

If the path to your standalone vault is in Dropbox directory, that means Dropbox is syncing your vault. Make sure all three computers have the same sync solution and they all point to same folder within that sync solution.

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Thanks for the response. I checked two of the three PCs (one working, one not). Both are hitting the same vault
    and both are set to sync.

I only have one vault. The only difference is what comes before this: \Dropbox\1P\1Password.opvault

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@safetyman:

Now that we know that you are syncing with Dropbox, can you please try going through the Dropbox troubleshooting steps and see if they help on the computer that is not working?

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member

@ag_ana None of that helped. I uninstalled both Dropbox and 1Password and reinstalled and still the same thing! This should work. It did work in the past. I'm not over my 3 devices on DB, nor over my storage limit.

• Hi @safetyman,

In that case, please email us your 1Password diagnostics report on all three computers, use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Just sent email to address above with the attachments.

Thanks!

• Thank you, we got the report and will reply as soon as possible.

ref: XEN-14842-389

This discussion has been closed.