Firefox issue--new user identity, lost my 1Password in tools

I suspect this is fairly easy, but I can't seem to figure it out on my own. Due to new server software, I am now accessing my pc (windows xp) with a new user identity. Previously 1Password showed up in my Firefox menu bar under tools, and also I had an 1P button on the toolbar.
I've read under FAQ's about how to add the 1P button, but it doesn't exist to add on currently in Firefox.
When I try to open 1Password it asks me if I want to open existing data, but I can't find the data to open.

Comments

• fredbram
    fredbram
    Community Member
    OK. I figured it out. Found data folder in my dropbox, and took it from there.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forum, fredbram!

It's hard to know exactly where to tell you to find your 1Password data, but here are the common locations.

If under Dropbox sync control:
    Windows 7

C:\Users\your-name\Documents\My Dropbox\...\1Password.agilekeychain

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\your-name\My Documents\My Dropbox\...\1Password.agilekeychain

...otherwise:
    Windows 7

C:\Users\your-name\Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\your-name\My Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

My guess is that you'll find your 1Password data under your old Windows account's username folder hierarchy, and that you need to move it to the appropriate location under your new Windows account's username folder hierarchy; then you can tell 1Password where to find it.

When you move your 1Password data, make sure you copy the entire 1Password.agilekeychain folder, not just the files and folders within it; otherwise, it probably won't be usable under the new Windows account username.

(Dropbox makes this a lot easier, but it may not be appropriate if you're just doing a one-time "move" of your 1Password data.)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    fredbram wrote:

OK. I figured it out. Found data folder in my dropbox, and took it from there.

That's good news! Thanks for letting us know.

As I said, Dropbox makes this a lot easier. :)
This discussion has been closed.