[BUG?] Random pasting from clipboard into 1Password when editing items in sequence

Options
gabe_s
gabe_s
Community Member

Hello,

I have discovered what I believe to be a bug. Only tested on macOS, may exist elsewhere.

While manually entering items in quick sequence using copy-paste into 1Password, after a few items 1Password will paste when typing any key into the field currently in. I've noticed this when working from an OpenOffice spreadsheet, but I expect it to exist in any case.

Steps to reproduce:
Create a login in (shared) vault type name
Paste username from clipboard
Paste password from plugin
Paste URL from clipboard
Save item
Create new login
Start typing in name field, content of clipboard is randomly pasted

Reproduced on two separate Macs.

Can send screen cap if helpful.

Thanks,
Gabe

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password.ca

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @gabe_s! Thanks for keeping a sharp eye out for this. If you've got a screencast or screenshot, please feel free to send it in to support@1password.com -- I was unable to reproduce the behavior you're seeing. Does it happen to you if you create any kind of new item after the first one? Or only a second Login item? For the record, using the plus button isn't the suggested way to save a new Login item, because it frequently records an incorrect URL for the Login page of the site and never captures associated page data. It's much better to enter your data manually into websites and then have 1Password offer to save the items for you, as this will create a properly formatted Login item which will fill correctly when you go to use it.

That said, there shouldn't be random pasting at any time, so if you've got steps to reproduce and a screencast or screenshot, let us know via email. Make sure to include a link to this thread so we can "connect the dots." Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.