1Password on windows generate different OTP than mobile app

Hi,

Today, I setup 2FA authentication on a website. I used the 1Password Windows application to scan the barcode from my screen.
1Password for Windows generate OTP code that do not work with the website and are different than those generated by the android app.
These code generated by the Android app on the contrary do work, and are identical with the ones generated by another app with the same barcode (Google Authenticator).

Using the provided seed instead of the barcode gives the same result (either on Android or Windows). Any idea how I could solve this issue ?

Regards,
Bertrand

1Password Version: 7.4.758
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @blemasle please check that Windows clock is synchronized. This is most common reason for OTP codes to mismatch, because OTP code typically change every 30 seconds.

• blemasle
    blemasle
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

@SergeyTheAgile Windows time is synchronized, and none of the code match in time. By that I mean that if I note the codes down, I do not see a common code passing by even after some time. If this issue is time synchronization, shouldn't I see common codes passing by ?

EDIT : I was wrong, the time is synchronized on an NTP server, but strangely enough it is ahead by nearly two minutes. And two minutes after the PC, I see the same code on the Android passing by. Thanks for your help, and apologies for the disturbance :)

• Glad it works now @blemasle !

This discussion has been closed.