Unable to Save Onetime Password

Sunddenly my one time password stop producing numbers in 1password. I am trying to add it back by using screen capture i even tried an image file but everything comes up blank. How can i get this resolved?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• When you edit the item you're having trouble with, @lblalock_1Pass, are you seeing your TOTP secret in your OTP field? Don't post it here – that's private – but it should look like mostly gibberish. Also, is this isolated to a single item, or are your other items with one time passwords also having trouble? I'm hoping to determine if this is a display issue or a genuine problem with the one-time password itself and these answers will help. Thanks!

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

I believe this is isolated to a singe account. None of the others are broken they seem to work. But again i don't want to try and remove and add the accounts again. when i edit i see data in the OTP it starts with data:image and the rest is pretty much gibberish. Once i save it is all blank

• @lblalock_1Pass data:image means picture is being transmitted as text, some sites do that unfortunately. Can you try to press Windows+Shift+S key and screen grab QR code, then paste into TOTP using "From clipboard" command?

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

That worked thanks alot!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Sergey, you are welcome @lblalock_1Pass! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.