Trying to open 1password on new device but saying secret key is wrong

Options
martintimbishop
martintimbishop
Community Member

1password working fine on ipad and macbook. Trying to open it on a new macbook Air but am being told the secret key should start with different numbers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Trying to open 1password on new device but saying secret key is wrong

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martintimbishop: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! That will happen if you're using the wrong sign in address and/or email address. You can verify your account credentials in the app/browser where you're already signed in:

https://support.1password.com/secret-key/#find-your-secret-key-in-the-1password-apps

You will not be able to sign in without entering the correct credentials. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Samyunker
    Samyunker
    Community Member
    Options

I'm an administrator of a business account and a user is having this issue it says "Email or Secret is wrong" but the email nor secret is incorrect.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Samyunker

Is this person able to sign in at https://my.1password.com using the same credentials they're entering into 1Password for Mac?

Ben

• Samyunker
    Samyunker
    Community Member
    Options

we tried on our business login page, plus on my.1password.com. I was actually just getting ready to nuke her account and try to start fresh. She does have stuff in her personal vault, but not a lot apparently. So it's an option to start over, though obviously not ideal. Maybe I'll hold off for a sec, in case someone has an idea.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Samyunker:

If this user is a member of your Business account and you are an administrator of this account, you can recover a team member's account with no loss of information.

• Samyunker
    Samyunker
    Community Member
    Options

Good idea thanks, that's what we ended up doing. I probably should have just done that off the bat.

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.