Search on Windows 1PW v7.4.753 fails to find any items

3gswish
3gswish
Community Member
edited March 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi all,

I've been using 1PW for many years, and finally switched to the hosted account version for the whole family last year. We are very happy, but just recently, I started having a problem with the search not working, in the full and the small windows.

I'm on 1PW version 7.4.753, Windows 10 with updates, Chrome is at version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit), and Firefox is at 73.0.1 (64-bit).
I also have a Mac, with 1PW version 7.4.3 (70403002), and that does NOT have this issue.

I've rebooted many times since this started happening.
1PW is configured to start automatically when I login to Windows.

I launch the large window, All Vaults (4) and All items (731) are selected. (Same thing happens if I select a specific category, Logins for instance)

I click in the search field, and when I type the first letter of a known item, the entire list disappears, and reports that "No items for selected category and search term".

Same thing happens in the small window, whether it's launched from the systray or from Chrome or Firefox extensions.

Sometimes I use a bookmark to get to a login page, but mostly I open the small window with the browser extension, and search 1PW, which is set to open a login in a new tab.

If I open the small window with a login page already displayed, then any matching logins are shown, but if I want to go to another site, I can't search for it, and I can't search in the big window, so now I have to open the big window, and scroll through hundreds of items to find the item. Clicking on Open and Fill doesn't do anything, so I have to do copy/paste operations with the URL, name and password.

I was really hoping that this was something that I could address in the settings, but I can't find anything that would apply, so I turn to you for help! Fingers crossed it's something stupid that I'm doing...

Thanks!
Greg

1Password Version: 7.4.753
_Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
_OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.719
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @3gswish,

Thanks for reporting this. We weren't able to reproduce this but we think we have a fix. Would you be willing to test the beta we just shipped to see if it helps?

Here's how to enable the beta updates, the beta build with the fix is 7.4.754.

• 3gswish
    3gswish
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, that did not resolve it. Rebooted the system, same thing. What should we try next?

• Hang tight for a moment, @3gswish. We've got some folks getting us some additional info we hope will give us something else to try for a fix. We'll share an update just as soon as we've got one, but given the hour and that I've not heard back from the folks I reached out to just yet, I suspect that likely won't be before Monday. If I'm wrong and we have something sooner, though, I will absolutely let you know. :+1:

• SorceressJade
    SorceressJade
    Community Member

For what it's worth, I am having the same issue, on two PC's running 7.4.753. Searching worked normally and as expected in February, and stopped working some time in the last two weeks I think.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SorceressJade:

Can you give the latest beta a try and see if that fixes the problem for you? The beta with the fix is 7.4.754.

• Hi everyone,

@3gswish / @SorceressJade, unfortunately, the fix in 754 turns out be to limited, it only worked for a few customers, not all.

We've just shipped 7.4.755-BETA with log improvements to help us track down where in searching it fails. Please check for a beta update, install, do a search to generate the logs, and then generate a fresh diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• SorceressJade
    SorceressJade
    Community Member

7.4.755 is behaving the same for me. I installed, same behavior, rebooted, same behavior. Do you need anything specific to know which logs are mine? Timestamps would be w/in the last 20 minutes.

• Hi @SorceressJade,

That's to be expected, there is no fix for all yet. We've only made additional improvements to track down which method it is failing in.

We need you to email us the logs for now, so we can see where it is failing in your database. Right now, we got three different customers showing us three different failures with the same symptoms, so the more data we have, we can figure out a pattern to pinpoint the actual bug.

• DanDanTMM
    DanDanTMM
    Community Member

I downloaded the beta and created the diagnostic report and sent it via email.

• bundtkate
    edited March 2020

I found your diagnostics, @DanDanTMM, thank you. I don't have anything new to share beyond what the team has already relayed here so rather than repeating what you already know in a reply email, I'm going to pass those diagnostics along to the team to aid in their investigation and we'll get back with you just as soon as we have more news to share. :+1:

ref: XWA-71538-122

• SorceressJade
    SorceressJade
    Community Member

Where shall send them?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SorceressJade:

You can email them to support+forum@agilebits.com :+1:

• MZ123
    MZ123
    Community Member

Not much to add except that I've noticed this same behavior in the last day or so.

Version 7.4.758 (I just installed an update today, but the behavior was going on before).

• Not much to add from us either, @MZ123. We're still working on fixing some other causes of this and won't have any exciting news to share until we've got another update available for testing. If you can send a diagnostic report via email as others here have, we can add it to our stockpile and make sure we reach out when we have something more to share. We'll also share any updates here as we've got 'em.

• Hi guys,

Please check for the latest 1Password beta update (7.4.759), we think we've finally found the cause and fixed it.

Here's how to enable the beta updates: https://support.1password.com/betas/

• DanDanTMM
    DanDanTMM
    Community Member

Thanks for your diligence fixing the search issue. I have confirmed it is now working with the latest beta release on both of my Windows systems.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @DanDanTMM! We are glad to hear this :)

• 3gswish
    3gswish
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick resolution - 7.4.759 fixed the search issue for me as well.

• Glad to hear it and thanks for letting us know, @3gswish! :chuffed:

• SorceressJade
    SorceressJade
    Community Member

It is also working for me now. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @SorceressJade :)

This discussion has been closed.