1Password 7.4.3 (704030) Extension not present in Safari 13.0.6 on macOS 10.13.6

St3phen
St3phen
Community Member

I was presented with an update in 1Password 7. For some reason the update failed. I had to download a new copy from the 1password.com website and successfully installed it. However, the extension is not in the Safari toolbar and not in the Safari Extensions window. The 1Password mini icon is in the Mac's menubar and while it's doing its job, isn't doing the job of the Extension.
What can I try to fix this?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @St3phen!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the 1Password extension in Safari Preferences now?

• St3phen
    St3phen
    Community Member

Hello @ag_ana. Thanks for the idea. Regrettably, that did not work. Nor did a logout, reboot, or a quit/launch of Safari. I even dug around inside the 1Password app bundle and tried to launch 1PasswordSafariAppExtension.appex via double-click.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@St3phen:

Thank you for the update. Launching 1PasswordSafariAppExtension.appex will not work, because in 1Password 7, the browser extension is built into the desktop app. If you are trying to install the extension separately, I think this is what is causing the issue.

What do you see when you open Safari Preferences > Browsers tab? You should see something like this:

• St3phen
    St3phen
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana. Please note that direct launching of the extension from within /Applications/1Password 7/Contents/Plugins/1PasswordSafariAppExtension.appex was a last-ditch effort to force the load of the extension. It is not the primary method by which I attempted to install the extension. (The method I used was the 1Password 7 > Install Browser Extensions… menu item.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@St3phen:

Thank you for the screenshot. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• St3phen
    St3phen
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

@ag_ana

It is on the way. Thank you.

Edit: Ticket Number LNT-13516-975

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @St3phen! :)

We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: LNT-13516-975

• ckstaley
    ckstaley
    Community Member

Hello ag_ana.
    I am having the exact same problem. I did all that was recommended above, and still nothing, just like St3phen.
    I am sending you my 1Password diagnostic to support+forum@agilebits.com. I hope you can help as well.

• St3phen
    St3phen
    Community Member

Hi @ckstaley

My solution, IIRC, was to download a fresh copy of 1Password. Quit 1Password completely. Trash 1Password & empty trash. Reboot. With all browsers closed, reinstall 1Password. The extension should now show up in Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ckstaley:

Diagnostics report received :+1: Someone will look at it and get back to you via email as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please see if St3phen's suggestion helps :+1:

ref: XUS-82149-675

• ckstaley
    ckstaley
    Community Member

Thank you, St3phen! I'll give it a try.

And thank you, ag_ana, for your reply as well.

• ckstaley
    ckstaley
    Community Member

It worked. The extension is back. Thank you, so much, St3phen !!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I am glad to hear this @ckstaley, thank you for the update :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.