Password generator broken on ChromeOS

Z0l
Z0l
Community Member
edited March 2020 in Android

Hello, long time 1Password user here. I use 1Password on a variety of devices but recently encountered an issue on my Chromebook (Asus Chromebook C434, running the latest ChromeOS, with Android 9 in ARC) - the 1Password password generator does not work at all (when I click the little gear icon, nothing happens, neither for new passwords nor for existing ones). I purchased the 1Password premium features for Android when it was available and the same thing works perfectly on my Samsung S9 Android phone running Android 10; I'm only having the issue on ChromeOS.

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 80.0.3987.158
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Z0l. Can you let me know if you're trying to generate a password in the 1Password app or from the Autofill prompt? Or do you see this problem when trying to generate a password in both places?

• Z0l
    Z0l
    Community Member

Hi @Peri, I'm trying to generate the password from the 1Password app (autofill does not work on ChromeOS).

• Hi @Z0l! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with using the password generator on Chrome OS. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm able to reproduce the issue on my end and it looks like it may have been a side-effect of changes that we made in our 7.4 update.

Although it's not a fix for the issue itself, I'm happy to say that I have a workaround that should also work for you. Although the password generator button doesn't seem to clickable with the mouse pointer at the moment, it turns out that it is still tappable. Since your Asus Chromebook C434 has a touch screen, you should be able to tap on the gear icon to reveal the password generator.

That being said, it's definitely a bug that you can't click on the icon to reveal the password generator. I've created an issue for my team to investigate this. Hopefully we'll be able to get that resolved quickly and get the fix into an upcoming update.

• Z0l
    Z0l
    Community Member

Hi @mverde, thanks, your workaround does the trick perfectly. Appreciate that you are looking into this one and hope it gets resolved quickly. Keep up the good work!

• Thanks @Z0l!

I'm glad that the workaround indeed works for you. We'll do our best to get the issue resolved soon.

This discussion has been closed.