Family member can't sign in on laptop - app does not recognize valid password

Donaldar
Donaldar
Community Member

Family member accepted invite, logged on to 1password.com and installed app on Windows 10 laptop. App won't accept same password to open. What am I doing wrong? The instructional videos use an app with a different interface than the current one. I am finding this a little frustrating.

1Password Version: 7.4.758
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 18363
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:Windows 10 app does not recognize master password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Donaldar! Welcome to the forum!

Just for confirmation, is your family member still able to login on https://my.1password.com in a browser, rather than in the app?

The instructional videos use an app with a different interface than the current one.

If you are using 1Password for Windows, the app just received a huge update, so that would explain some differences. However, I would still like you to paste the link to the video you have been following, so we can make sure what you have been looking at.

• Donaldar
    Donaldar
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana. Thanks for responding.

Yes, Karen can successfully log on to my.1password.com/ and see her vault & shared vault.
    The video I was looking at was https://youtu.be/qXDs1MKPCbc (How to invite more people to your 1Password Families account)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Donaldar:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from this PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Donaldar
    Donaldar
    Community Member

I emailed the diagnostic report as requested, and received this response:

Hello there! 👋

My human friends have received your follow-up email from your conversation in the forum and they'll be back with you shortly.

For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#RLB-17488-432]

Please include the full support ID (including the brackets) in the subject of any follow-up emails so we can keep things organized. Also post the support ID back in the forum discussion if requested.

Thanks again for reaching out to us about 1Password. We look forward to helping you! 🙂

BitBot, and the entire 1Password team ❤️🇨🇦

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Donaldar:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your email in our system. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: RLB-17488-432

This discussion has been closed.