I am trying to use my 1Password vault on my Chromebox, but get a blank black box after install.

chorchie
chorchie
Community Member

I see this has been an issue in the past, but I can't work around it. I am trying to activate my vault on my chromebox but am getting the blank back box after install. I tried using talkback to navigate it in the dark, but no luck. Any way around this so I can use my vault?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chromebox black screen

Comments

• chorchie
    chorchie
    Community Member

Actually, it looks like I did get it activated by using talkback, but now I can't use it because I still only get the blank black window. Please let me know how I can get this to work on my Chromebox.

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chorchie! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please post a screenshot of this black box?

• chorchie
    chorchie
    Community Member

Hi, thank you for the help. Here is a screenshot.

Thanks,
    David!

• Hi @chorchie,

This is unfortunately a known issue that we don't yet have a fix for. The problem stems from the fact that by default we set a flag called FLAG_SECURE to tell the system not to allow screenshots or screen recordings of 1Password. While this is definitely desirable, it also has the undesirable side effect of preventing 1Password from displaying on external monitors. For example, when I plug my Pixelbook into my external monitor, 1Password displays correctly on the Pixelbook screen. As soon as I drag the window over to the external monitor though, it changes to the black box you posted above.

If you're not concerned about screenshots and you don't mind using Talkback to navigate a little longer, you can enable a setting in 1Password to allow screenshots. To do so, you'll need to click on the following:

1. Settings
    2. Advanced
    3. Allow screenshots
    4. Exit (this last is in a dialog confirming that you want to allow screenshots)

Once you do so, you should be able to launch 1Password and have it display correctly. I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.